nLite corrupts raid drivers

Revolty

Hey

I have a little annoying problem with nLite.

I have an Asus M2N-Sli Deluxe motherboard. The drivers for RAID that nvidia have relased does not work for XP, the installation goes fine but at first load i get bluescreen or reboots. Im aware that there is an fix for this, in this verry forum. But since i got family and friends that need to get there computers formated once n a while i want a few driverspacks included. The mass-storage pack does work for my RAID, untill i use nlite. nLite somehow corrupts the driver, so at XP install, when im supose to pick harddrive/partition to install on its all wrong. I have 2x250gb harddrivers in RAID 0, thers supose to be 2x20gb and one 260gb partitions; C, D & E. But after using nLite theres like 170gb unpartioned and one C at ranadom size. This doesent happen w/o nLite, and sometimes nLite works aswell (it allways does tho i compile the files in it), but some option in nLite couseing this.

Im not sure what, but im guessing its the tweak section. I've tested alot of combinations to see what it is but i cant figure it out, i allso tryed to apply the driverpack right before i make the iso but its the same.

Anyone had this problem?

Yes.

Thats what i ment with adding it just before making the iso.

Im not adding any drivers but the driverpacks (that i slipstream with driverpack base), and i have tested without removing any hardware suport or drivers. But for what i know, it's something in the Tweak section.

Maybe i could solve this by backing up the drivers for mass-storage and ad it after, but i don't know what files it is (should be txt(?)).

Personally i have never used driverpacks and just usually get the drivers i need i.e. Mine, other computers that i fix. this also makes sure i have the latest drivers which is a good advantage (less bugs), i will have a quick think on what may be causing it. Can you please upload your preset please? Thanks

Im just about to try this iso a last time, wihtout tweaks. If its work ill apply the tweaks, if it isent then im sure nLite just does it randomly, what ever i do or dont. ill get back and report soon.

Well i've no problems with the driverpack, untill i do any change in nLite, so that wont help much.

I really dont understand what nLite can do to the RAID drivers anyways..i even get problem just ading hotfixes.

Edited by Revolty

I could but you'd waste your time. It's random, i've tested step by step using one function a time. Some times it work, sometimes it's not. Without nLite using any function it always does, and the install work fine in VMware.

Can you please upload C:\Windows\Setuperr.log please, that tells you everything that went wrong during the installation

Try not remove any drivers the the 'Drivers' section on the 'Components' Page, because when you add them it might remove the new ones you just added and then might say it cant find any of them, the driver pack might use it own inf file and nlite might not update it. does that make sense?

Edited by legolash2o

The disc is formated n got Vista on atm.

I guess removing drivers could be a problem, but thats the complete INI file, i done alot of testing w/o removing anything and such. As i said i done test like; only apply driver packs =work. Then driverpack + only tweaks = fail. And so on...