Windows Installer Issue

Legolash2o

Hi i have used nlite with XP Pro x64 SP2, and everytime i install Office 2003 it not showing the page for serial code, cutsom install and just saying Installation Complete.

When i try and install DOT. Net Framework x64 redist is just stays on "Setup is configuring the install. This may take a minute or two." and does not move. i have tried creating about 10 different nlited disks (from fresh install) and still doesn't work.

I also tried installing Tune Utilities 2007 and that didnt give me the option to customise the install

Also getting alot of Event 1007 in event log

Product: Windows Operating System

ID: 1007

Source: Userenv

Version: 5.2

Symbolic Name: EVENT_FAILED_QUERY_SITE

Message: Windows cannot determine the associated site for this computer. (%1). Group Policy processing aborted.

Please help

Edited by legolash2o

Please attach your preset.

Before there was some issue with the registry permissions in the installer path:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer"

See if the permissions are right on that reg path, should be fully allowed for the administrators and the system if I'm not mistaken.

already have full permissions

Problem 1

there was lot alot presets because before i was having a major big issue with Windows Management Instrumentation not working at all! so the reason for loads of presets is cos i was trying to track down what was coursing the problem, the final nlite (this one) worked fine just the Windows Installer issue now.

Problem 2

Preset 2 was the installation with the WMI problem, i created 9 nlite installs and problem appeared with them all (didnt load the previous preset)

when windows first loaded up when i clicked IE7 it just made another shortcut n couldnt view services and a page was missing on network connection properties (it actually said WMI wasnt configured properly or something like that), one time it still did it without installing IE7, still didnt work.

Fix the WMI problem using information from google but after i installed IE7 it stopped working again.

used winrar for them

Thanks

Edited by nuhi

Ok I downloaded the attachment and deleted rar with presets because it contained your key and the registry export because it has information what you install.

So don't worry if you don't see them I do.

Will get back to you when I try it, thx.

Thx, forgot about that

On the WMI problem, if you click Internet on the start menu(Pin to start menu part of it) it has a different icon and opens Internet Options as well as the other symptoms, also any users a created on the unattended page didnt work either (due to the WMI problem) it just showed the administrator account lol.

"Windows Management Instrumentation" wasnt visible in "Services" either. When i did try and reinstall it it said it didnt start in a timely fashion or something like that.

A couple of times i got something like "Parameter not correct. This may still work" when integrating drivers but redownloaded the drivers n havent seen that message again. (Fixed)

Edited by legolash2o

What do you mean? and what do i need to do? i.e. don't delete a certain component n what is causing it?

Ive used 2 seperate Fresh XP Disks and tried like 10 nlited versions

all i got on my error log using Event Viewer is...

around 15-25 of this error message

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Userenv

Event Category: None

Event ID: 1007

Date: 14/07/2007

Time: 15:38:42

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer: LIAMS

Description:

Windows cannot determine the associated site for this computer. (The RPC server is unavailable. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Below are the exports of the Event View (Only showing the error messages) Best to Right Click and Save As

Edited by legolash2o

Just check your windows\setuperr.log file. It's a disaster.

And worst thing is it breaks always...I'm now trying elimination process but it seems that it will break always if WMI is kept...not sure about this just guessing.

I have gone back to normal x64 with nothing removed windows installer is working so nothing wrong with my source. im gonna try another nlite (using vmware) and going to try and keep the following services. Firstly going to try IE7 on its own then

RPC Locator - I think this would help alot

Terminal Services

COM+

Remote Access Connection Manager

Telephony

Edited by legolash2o

I have even more weird report.

If I do anything with your preset loaded it breaks the installation. I spent many hours trying different combinations and everything breaks it!

But if I start a preset from the scratch and remove all the components you do it's fine.

Now trying to load other pages to see what actually breaks it.

Btw I don't know why did you check your source, I never blamed you. Use normal installation until I fix it or at least tell you what not to do. All of this is a big coincidence, otherwise it would be reported all the time. Even though I did get that framedyn error while testing your preset, and that was reported few times lately.

lol, im just selecting certain components and then using VMWare to test it, if it works then i remove some more, re test it, if something bad happens then ill know which component will be causing it. Thanks anyways

Sorry if it taking up all your time, ill keep in touch

P.S. ill also check the setuperr.log after each install

Edited by legolash2o

When I use your Preset_2.INI it kills all, IE is just an Internet Option icon and so on. And then if I even just use Tweaks page on the clean install it kills it. Like that preset has some secret code in it :)

Can't wait to find it.

thats exactly what it did to me just opened up internet options n the rest, havent you narrowed it down to anything n what have you eliminated. thanks n while your trying to fix that im trying to help other people on the forum so your less busy.

Man i love a challenge

Edited by legolash2o