WSIM autounattend Error..?

VISTA32_hotfix-TOOL

Use this for integrating cab files, works fine.

Does this mean, it don't gives you the double entries?

Martin

No, it just also integrates cab files.

The double entries come from the hotfixes, and are newer versions.

just point your xml to the new one, and it works fine.

untitledeg1.th.jpg

Edited by sp00f

One other issue Ive noticed with these double entrys in my case, if I look at the properties area top right of the wsim the early ver entry it is enabled = True & the later ver is enabled =False, does not make sense that a later version wouldn't be enabled?

The properties fields are greyed & can't be changed?

One other issue Ive noticed with these double entrys in my case, if I look at the properties area top right of the wsim the early ver entry it is enabled = True & the later ver is enabled =False, does not make sense that a later version wouldn't be enabled?

see post 23#

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...01071&st=20

see post 23#

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...01071&st=20

@ spOOf I must of overlooked your post, don't hurt to be specific though..

Thinking MS need to update the waik? Can't be an integration issue as I use either method of integration & same result.

One thing its not affecting any installation one iota & I know my xml's good to go but would like the wsim to work properly as it did previously, cause its a very handy tool in UA.

They will have to update soon, cause the new sp1 beta wont work with the waik.

So the final will also not work i gues.

I looked everywhere, and not even on microsoft forum they mention this.

There is a new waik help, but doesnt it say much more then we know now already.

I wanted to give you the link but they took it ofline.

Windows Automated Installation Kit Documentation (Windows Server 2008 code named "Longhorn" & Windows Vista SP1 Beta 3)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C0758BB7-B0C9-4A70-9462-4E3E8E3176B1&displaylang=en

The only one they still have is update 1 :

Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) User's Guide for Windows Vista

Brief Description

Documentation Update 1

Documentation update for the Windows Automated Installation Kit and Unattended Setup Reference

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=993c567d-f12c-4676-917f-05d9de73ada4&displaylang=en

Edited by sp00f

Ok done 109 Updates on a fresh install and from within Vista Installed Waik clean, opened my xml and then saved which immediately gave me the error. Opened in Context and Removed the one line at bottom again that references the image location and back in Sim clicked save and it asked if I want to associate and I said No. It loaded fine with no errors but image disappeared from where you select Image. I select the same image again and all was ok.

Ok done 109 Updates on a fresh install and from within Vista Installed Waik clean, opened my xml and then saved which immediately gave me the error. Opened in Context and Removed the one line at bottom again that references the image location and back in Sim clicked save and it asked if I want to associate and I said No. It loaded fine with no errors but image disappeared from where you select Image. I select the same image again and all was ok.
Ohh no maxx not again how many time weve said <cpi:offlineImage cpi:source=" dont even need it in Autounattend.xml also WAIK we don't use it now as you know but sometimes put it back on to bug check other's xmls[ this thread is getting to long now you posted the answer to the problem few posts back but as usuall some one will come up with differrent answeres or we go completey off the subject :thumbup but must say thats what forums are for getting everyones point of view :D
Edited by urie

Ohh no maxx not again how many time weve said <cpi:offlineImage cpi:source=" dont even need it in Autounattend.xml also WAIK we don't use it now as you know but sometimes put it back on to bug check other's xmls[ this thread is getting to long now you posted the answer to the problem few posts back but as usuall some one will come up with differrent answeres or we go completey off the subject :thumbup but must say thats what forums are for getting everyones point of view :D

No...not necessarily.....

That being the case the thread would have have died a natural...now wouldn't it?? :blink:

thats for sure, I see some doubles with 109 for sure but by removin that 1 line all is fine? WTF MS

I say its waik, a double entry might not be nothing more than an update by a different bearer.

After that Install and a reboot ok i had xml 6 on but it said i needed xml 4 ???? what, these people can't make nothing backwards compatible??? we see the mess .Net is in right now

• 1 year later...

Hi all

I'm almost ready building my first Win 7 unattended distribution using WSIM.

Before I proceed in formatting my C drive, I want to know if the "Credentials" string or whatever is required for a error free installation or can I just remove it?

edit:

Another thing: If i run the installation from a usb flash drive with "autounattend.xml" placed on the drive's root and the folder structure created by WSIM(that from "c:\Distribution"), "InstallFrom" string is not required, is it?

I think that' needed only for running installation from network shares or everything else than dvd media. In this case the usb drive will be seen as a dvd disk?! I am asking:)

Thanks

Edited by atolica