WSIM autounattend Error..?

This error don't come from double entries, at least for me.

I got the same exact Error as original post but I don't have the Hotfixes injected yet.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()

So where does it come from?

WAIK

I started noticing how my xmls are being corrupted by WAIK itself.

You see the Pic " />' and I see that in a lot of xmls posted here.

I'll stick to using my xml creator, I only open it in Waik when I want to check the layout or add something but to keep it from doing that I say don't associate the answer file with image but it still adds this

<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />

Yes it still puts a blank spot but the file loads

Also, you don't need that line at all and it will Install just fine.

Make sure also if you are using an editor that it don't indent the xml throwing blank spaces in it.

BTW EDIT:I didn't start seeing this till I started adding AuditSystem/ AuditUser stuff so that makes this bug even more weird.

post-9484-1186402308_thumb.png

Edited by maxXPsoft

I never had any corrupted xml by waik.

Only have this error after slipstream, and there is a double entry.

Funny thing is it loads that xml when I deny it but there is blank space as you see and I call that corrupt even though it loads, thats WAIK doing that but its wrong. I now don't add that line cause its something only WAIK wants to do.

I injected 45 Hotfixes last install and I am only minus 1 Update i can't seem to find and don't see any double, I am real careful about delete older updates that be like Windows6.0-KB890830-V1.26.exe and get rid of any other same KB

MAVERICK,

open your xml in Notepad and look at all these lines

<component name="

those should be a single line with no wrapping, in fact all lines should be single with no wrap

May show wrap when opened in Internet Explorer but thats an illusion.

If you want to attach your xml I'll look at it.

I never had any corrupted xml by waik.

Max is right, WSIM can corrupt the xml even if you don't integrate fixes. For me it happens almost when changing an Autounattend.xml that does already exist - removing an entry for example. It's not happening all the time but it can happen.

Most of these corruptions don't realy matter but sometimes they do. :wacko:

On the other hand, that doesn't mean automatically, that slipstreaming the updates could not be a problem, too.

Max do you may integrate the updates in an other way than described in WAIK help or my guide?

Martin

MAVERICK,

open your xml in Notepad and look at all these lines

<component name="

those should be a single line with no wrapping, in fact all lines should be single with no wrap

May show wrap when opened in Internet Explorer but thats an illusion.

If you want to attach your xml I'll look at it.

Attached below Max

Edited by MAVERICKS CHOICE

MAVERICK, Ran it through here and no errors. Tried it on 2 different drives also with my 45 updates I have.

Max do you may integrate the updates in an other way than described in WAIK help or my guide?

Martin

I do it different than you and don't use an answer file

I Expand 1 at a time to my Sandbox and delete and Re-Create the Sandbox after each Update is applied with my VistaUA. May be unnecessary but it works for me.

Pkgmgr: called with: "C:\VistaUA\Tools\x86\Servicing\pkgmgr  /o:"C:\VistaUA\xTmp\;C:\VistaUA\xTmp\Windows" /ip /m:C:\VistaUA\xTmp\Sandbox\Windows6.0-KB925528-x86.cab /s:C:\VistaUA\xTmp\Sandbox /l:C:\VistaUA\Logs\hotfix.log"

Edited by maxXPsoft

Thanks Max, have run many variants through the wsim & they all error either when opening or saving.

This has not affected any installation whatsoever. The wsim will always generate a working catalogue file & install no probs?

After all in essence my xml attached is the one I have used since last December.

when i got this I Acronis'd back to before WAIK was installed, redone everything and reinstalled waik. Got the error again and started telling it not to associate. Perhaps your error is from another program or Hotfix on your machine maybe? Never know these day's. Have you uninstalled waik and reinstalled, probably dumb ?

I Expand 1 at a time to my Sandbox and delete and Re-Create the Sandbox after each Update is applied with my VistaUA. May be unnecessary but it works for me.

Ok... I understand, than that's the difference. I'm using the "xml-method" cause this was one of two procedures, where I could find something in WAIK help about dependency check.

I would have prefered the method with all updates in one command line semicolon-seperated, but I never got this to work. So I ended up with the "xml-method".

So it may has something to do with this dependency check? :unsure: On the other hand the error came up for some guys here, too, when using peimg to integrate the hotfixes. Peimg command does not check dependency, AFAIK.

Very strange... can't see any logic behind ATM...

Martin

I did read somewhere that you need to delete the sandbox each time BTW

and don't these look to be the same

------+---------------+-----+-----------------------------------------------

en-US |6.0.6000.16386 | + | Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OC-Package

Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OC-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~6.0.6000.16386

|6.0.6000.16386 | + | Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OC-Package

Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OC-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6000.16386

I did read somewhere that you need to delete the sandbox each time BTW

Yeah, I agree that's right. I clean the sandbox folder, too, after the update run. But one update run means that all updates are integrated and than the sandbox will be cleared. In your case sandbox is cleared after every single hotfix.

I would say that both procedures are making sense. You clear it after every single hotfix cause the next fix will be like a new integration. If you put everything together in one xml, than you don't have the option to clear the sandbox between single fixes. But you supposed to put them in one xml to get dependency checked.

I like your way of integration as well, just wondering if the dependency will be checked.

and don't these look to be the same

To me they do.

Martin

After slipstreaming the 2 hotfixes for Reliability and performance KB938194 and KB938979.

Again the error.

And yes again a "double" entry.

(Microsoft-Windows-Security-Licensing-SLC)

I replaced that with the newer entry, and no more error.

Edited by sp00f