WSIM autounattend Error..?

Hello spoof!

It's not quiet plain to me if you were asked to rebuild the catalogue after updating something. Just to make sure:

- You've opend the original install.wim in WSIM to build your first basic answer file (Autounattend.xml)

- You've used the catalogue from Vista DVD or you've builded it from original install.wim of Vista DVD

- Than you've started to add some updates and/or packages

- After that you've opend WSIM again and you've opend you're basic autounattend.xml

- You've rebuilded the catalogue to do so

- You've tried to do some changes and when you've tried to save you were getting the error

Is that right or not? :unsure:

Regards,

Martin

Edited by FireGeier

I had the same problem and resolved it with this topic.

Thanks Spoof for having pointed out the different versions of components in Windows Image.

Here are the steps I did before getting this error :

I created and captured a custom WIM image with all updates and hotfixes applied.

I added the custom image in my BDD 2007 Update 1

When I created the build with this wim image file, I got this error in WSIM : "Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute"

With the help of Spoof' screenshot, I finally noticed that some components were duplicated (with different versions)

So I removed these components from my unattend.xml file and re-added them (using the last version).

Now Windows System Image Manager correctly saves my unattend.xml file.

Thanks to all for your help! :thumbup

Largo

post-147334-1184928448_thumb.jpg

post-147334-1184928454_thumb.jpg

UPDATE

I wanna know how you 2 are getting the double entry, I d/l all the Vista Hotfixes available by WUD and Injected and I don't have that second entry.

I also don't get any errors at all opening Tonycrews xml file here

UPDATE

I wanna know how you 2 are getting the double entry, I d/l all the Vista Hotfixes available by WUD and Injected and I don't have that second entry.

I also don't get any errors at all opening Tonycrews xml file here

They are not realy double as you can see, and i already told.

And it doesnt mean that when you dont get this error that other people dont have the error.

Lucky you :)

@Largo , your welcome :hello:

@Martin ,No the first time i had to rebuild the xml, i removed all the "double" entries, and added them again , only this time the higher numbers.

Now i can add things what i want and always save, no more error.

And everything works fine.

Edited by sp00f

I do see double entrys now in the wsim earlier & later vers numbers. Finding it diificult to edit the old answer files manually to remove the earlier versions. Do I need to remake the answer file from within the wsim & use only the latter to overcome this error?

I do see double entrys now in the wsim earlier & later vers numbers. Finding it diificult to edit the old answer files manually to remove the earlier versions. Do I need to remake the answer file from within the wsim & use only the latter to overcome this error?

I didn't edited the answer file manually (ie with notepad). I used WSIM, checked for components with 2 versions, and removed them from my unattend.xml file. After this, I re-added them and re-entered my customizations. When you can click Save with no error, it's done.

I have these components in 2 versions :

• IE-ClientNeworkProtocolImplementation
  • IE-InternetExplorer
  • Security-Licensing-SLC
  • Security-Licensing-SLC-UX
  • Networking-MPSSVC-Svc
  • Malware-Windows-DEfender

Largo

I didn't edited the answer file manually (ie with notepad). I used WSIM, checked for components with 2 versions, and removed them from my unattend.xml file. After this, I re-added them and re-entered my customizations. When you can click Save with no error, it's done.

I have these components in 2 versions :

• IE-ClientNeworkProtocolImplementation
  • IE-InternetExplorer
  • Security-Licensing-SLC
  • Security-Licensing-SLC-UX
  • Networking-MPSSVC-Svc
  • Malware-Windows-DEfender

Largo

Yep, you got it right.

Question still is : how is this possible.

Tried to search for an answer, but no luck.

But as i said before...it works !!

I tried to slipstream things , and save and slipstream some more etc....no more errors.

EDIT:One more thing, when you click on both the components, and you look at the right in WAIK.

One entry says enabled true , and the other says false.

But again nowehere info about this.

Edited by sp00f

Hello guys!

Like maxXP I'm interested were these double entries are comming from exactly. Could have something to do with the method of integrating updates. So here are my questions:

Which procedure you were following to integrate the updates?

Like described in WAIK help? Like described in my Guide? If you were following my guide, you did it manually or using the batch?

Do you have used peimg to integrate the updates or pkgmgr?

Please answer as detailed as possible.

If it would be as complicated as described by sp00f and Largo to get the xml worked again - and this maybe every time you integrate new stuff - than it would be easier to install the stuff during setup instead of integrating. Or do I've missunderstood something?

Thanks & Regards,

Martin

Edited by FireGeier

Which procedure you were following to integrate the updates?

Like described in WAIK help? Like described in my Guide? If you were following my guide, you did it manually or using the batch?

Do you have used peimg to integrate the updates or pkgmgr?

Please answer as detailed as possible.

If it would be as complicated as described by sp00f and Largo to get the xml worked again - and this maybe every time you integrate new stuff - than it would be easier to install the stuff during setup instead of integrating. Or do I've missunderstood something?

Thanks & Regards,

Martin

Hello Martin,

In my case, it was a sysprep'd image built this way:

- I first installed Windows Vista Enterprise unmodified with BDD 2007

- After first boot, some applications were installed

- I downloaded and extracted Autopatcher for Vista (latest build) and installed "manually" all Critical and Non-Critical updates (with a batch file and the wusa command for all *.msu files)

- I ran Windows Update and applied the missing Updates it found (3-4).

- I ran sysprep, rebooted in WinPE and captured the image with imageX.

After adding the WIM image in BDD 2007, I created a build and got the error.

As my client asks for applications in the image, applying updates with pkgmgr was not necessary.

And applying hotfixes and updates on the fly during deployment is not an option as this method seems very time consuming (in my test, it adds 10 to 15 minutes to each deployment).

Largo.

Thanks for your answers so far! Seems not be a problem of the method than - on the first view...

@sp00f:

Who is the author of this tool - so I could try to find out which method it's using exactly.

Martin

A friend of me , ican send you the .au3 if you want.