Annoying Graphics Crad Problem

colinbate

I have a Asus EAX1650 Silent Or Radeon 1650 if you prefer.

Dispite it being a 512MB DDR2 graphics card, it also pinches 512MB from my RAM which is causing me problems when playing games. I have 1GB of RAM and with the card pinching another 512MB it leaves me with 512MB of RAM and games dont like it at all. Games are freezing/jumping all over the place some times as often as every few seconds.

Is there any way I can stop the card from pinching 512MB from my RAM so it will stop freezing/jumping during games?

Or does this sound like another problem not to do with the graphics card pinching 512MB from my RAM?

I hope someone can help me, its doing my head in and I dont want to spend anymore money on this computer.

what type of BIOS do you have? its in a type of system preferences control...Graphics Aperature Size...best sizes are 128mb or 256mb. on my older box its at 256, not sure about this one because i need no graphic performance.

Okay, your motherboard has no option to set it in the BIOS. What you can try is to set the shared memory to auto; on most motherboards it could give you a better GPU performance. Other then that you are stuck when it comes to hardware...

• 5 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

Up til now I have tried everything to get rid of this stupid freezing/jumping of my games, but with no luck. I finally went out and bought some more memory thinking this would sort out the issue. I bought 2 x 1GB 667 memory (I bought 2 as I didn't know exactly what the original memory was and I know there are issues about none matching pairs)

I put them in and tested my games to see if the issue had gone away, but no suck luck. It seemed to be ok at first but then it started doing the old trick of freezing/jumping all over the place some times as often as every few seconds. I thought I'd put my original stick of memory in with the new to make 3GB to see if that would help, but no.

I've got the latest driver for my graphics card, I have the latest Direct X too. I even tried turning down the resolution as much as I could, I have a 22" wide-screen Monitor so it was up high, but the problem still persists. I'm going to be left with no hair at this rate!!

The one game requirements are:-

• Windows® XP with Service Pack 1 (CHECK)

• Processor: INTEL Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon 2 GHz with SSE instructions (CHECK MINES AN AMD ATHLON 64 X2 DUAL CORE 4200+)

• RAM: 256 MB, 512 recommended (CHECK I HAVE 3GB)

• Video Card*: 64 MB Direct X® 9.0c compatible supporting Shader Model 1.1 (CHECK 1GB ASUS EAX1650 SILENT 512MB DDR2 PINCHING ANOTHER 512MB FROM MY RAM)

• Sound Card: Direct X® 9.0c compatible (CHECK)

• Direct X Version: DirectX® 9.0c or later (CHECK LATEST VERSION)

• Hard Disk Space: 4.8 GB free (CHECK LOADS MORE THAN THAT)

I've ran out of ideas, can anyone help before I go bald prematurely :realmad: