Starting up screen

wrayal

I was wondering how one might set about changing the 'Windows is starting up' screen? There are lots of guides regarding the logon screen, or the boot screen, but I cannot find any for this. I have looked through logonui, but none of the bitmaps seem to match this one? Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Wrayal

post-139842-1184282758_thumb.jpg

Edited by wrayal

I was wondering how one might set about changing the 'Windows is starting up' screen? There are lots of guides regarding the logon screen, or the boot screen, but I cannot find any for this. I have looked through logonui, but none of the bitmaps seem to match this one? Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Wrayal

for windows xp, look in shell32.dll

for server 2003, look in msgina.dll

Ah, awesome, thanks very much, worked perfectly!!

For anyone who might come across this and have the same problems as me replacing msgina.dll:

I had this server installed on a 40gb disk in VMWare under vista, with the result that I could not replace msgina.dll while it was running, nor in safe mode, nor with a bootable windows disc, nor even by mapping it to a letter. The eventual solution I used was to boot to safe mode with command prompt, and replace it that way!

Wrayal

• 2 weeks later...