Realtek Audio: Kill Taskbar icon?

mf_2

I'm installing the Realtek Audio Drivers on my HP DC7700 machine via AutoIT, since there was no possible way to make them install correctly when directly slipstreamed into the Windows installation. However, I need to get rid of the control panel or whatever that is which is placed into the taskbar after isntallation.

Can somebody tell me the name of the regkey to remove for that control panel?

Unfortunately, the DC7700 is located at my workplace and I need to finish the unattended DVD asap (which means today, and I'm at home the rest of the day). Maybe someone uses the same drivers and has a good idea?

• 3 months later...

you can install them via winnt.sif just download the zip version at www.realtek.com.tw, extract the file and use the files inside WDM folder. with this files you can have windows install them during setup.

for the systray icon, look in the startup registry sections to see the key. then use this command in a .reg file to delete it.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Example"=-

hope this helps.

Here's my Registry Fix for removing the taskbar icon:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\HDAudio]

"RPPLAYBACK"="Realtek HD Audio rear output"

"AutoPopup"=dword:00000000

"ShowIcon"=dword:00000000

• 6 years later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but I was just installing XP on an old laptop and run into this issue while installing the Realtek drivers.

I managed to remove the annoying task bar icon by going to start -> command -> regedit, then navigating to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Realtek -> HDAudio and editing "ShowIcon" from "1" to "0". After a restart there is no icon.

Edited by chiappa