outlook 2003 calendar problem

Ben@TS

Hi guys,

I have been having issues with the Microsoft Outlook 2003 Calendar. Occassionally it will freeze up and not let me add any appointments or even accept other peoples appointment invitations. If i simply close outlook and open it again it still does the same thing. If i log off my user account and log back on again then it will work as normal.

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Thanks for the much needed help.

Ben

Hi,

We are in a domain and use an exchange server. The server is on our local LAN. We have had no WAN issues at all and everything is running at half capacity at the moment so there is enough speed for all of the network traffic.

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Calendar items are held in the pst/ost files and if you have a lot of items and particularly recurring items like birthdays, and at the same time you have a lot of email items, you may be running into the bloated pst file syndrome. 2GB will cause problems, but you'll run into problems long before that. I like to keep them at under 500 MB. If you're pst file is getting big, you might want to consider archiving evertything but the last 30 or 60 days or so and then compact the thing (under maintenance).