Undelete-Restore directory info on DVD

Bob6831

Hi.

I made a mistake while using a new DVD write program and now have 2 large files on a DVD that I deleted accidentally.

I see programs that recover data but they recover it to a different place.

What I want is a free program (or trial program with full features) that will just re-establish the pointers (directory) to those 2 files on that DVD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

Bob

I dont understand the problem. You cannot erase files on a dvd unless you are using DVD+-RW or DVD-RAM, is this the case? What is the name of your 'new DVD write program'? When you say pointers do you mean a file or folder that was on the dvd, or a shortcut on your computer?

I used DeepBurner Pro to write 2 large files to the DVD. I then did a 2nd session and wrote a folder(with about 50 files) inside to the DVD. This 2nd session caused the first 2 files on the DVD to be deleted....... that is for my computer to no longer have access to them. I know they are still there based on how delete works, and did try 1 recovery program that was able to detect them.

Bob

Thx, but won't work. As per the info page:

R-Studio and R-Studio Emergency DEMO 3.8 allow you to evaluate how all R-Studio family utilities recover lost files. The only limitation is that DEMO versions do not recover files larger than 64KB.

My files are around 500M each.

Bob