failed to print negatives in RED

leoz

My printer has failed to print negatives in RED, as it has in the past. I replaced my hp57 cartridge with no help. I admit that I have been playing around with Internet explorer, properties, advanced and I may have checked/unchecked a box in error. I also put a check mark in 'print background colors and images/.(no difference). please help.

Edited by leoz

• 2 weeks later...

So when you print something, there is no Red in the image at all?

Please try to include more information and perhaps someone can help you. However, it does sound as though a setting has been changed somewhere. If your using Windows XP, in the printing preferences options dialog, there should be a way to restore all defaults. If you can do this, it will rule out any problem settings. Now, unless your printer is damaged, you may be able to fix it relatively easily.

If youve played with settings just make a new user account and see if that works, since that would be your personal settings. can you print a test page with red in it?

-gosh

:thumbup:thumbup

So when you print something, there is no Red in the image at all?

Please try to include more information and perhaps someone can help you. However, it does sound as though a setting has been changed somewhere. If your using Windows XP, in the printing preferences options dialog, there should be a way to restore all defaults. If you can do this, it will rule out any problem settings. Now, unless your printer is damaged, you may be able to fix it relatively easily.

Thanks for helping. Restored defaults. That was the problem. I guess my fingers were working faster than my brain. Thanks again.