Harry Potter

WindowsTX

The Harry Potter Book Countdown

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS

21st JULY 2007

JK Rowling has confirmed on her website that the release date her the seventh and final book will be July 21st, so counting down until that long awaited day.

So join us in the celebration countdown and participate in the votes and discussions

Have fun!!

:blink:

The ideas come from the books. The movies are obviously just summarized versions of the books on screen, with some minor changes of course. :P

My fiancee loves the Harry Potter series and I enjoy watching them. We're going to the new movie next week.

is it just me or am i the only one who doenst care about this kind of books/movies at all? i know its offtopic but still... harry potter is just a hype in my eyes and running out of fresh ideas..

i really don't care about it either, never read any book, of coarse i've watched all of the movies but only a few times each. the last one i've only seen once..

is it just me or am i the only one who doenst care about this kind of books/movies at all? i know its offtopic but still... harry potter is just a hype in my eyes and running out of fresh ideas..

My opinions:

Harry Potter Books == :boring:

Harry Potter Movies == :puke:

"OMG! HARRY POTTER THIS AND THAT AND I AM SUCH A HARRY POTTER FANBOY LIKE OMG DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE NEW MOVIE?!??!!?" == :angrym:

All the Harry Potter t-shirts and other crap that's just advertising really == :realmad:

So yeah, I agree.

My opinions:

Harry Potter Books == :boring:

Harry Potter Movies == :puke:

"OMG! HARRY POTTER THIS AND THAT AND I AM SUCH A HARRY POTTER FANBOY LIKE OMG DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE NEW MOVIE?!??!!?" == :angrym:

All the Harry Potter t-shirts and other crap that's just advertising really == :realmad:

So yeah, I agree.

Ditto here. Can't say the same about my nephew though :angry:

I watched one movie with a niece. It wasn't bad. I'm not interested in reading or watching any of the others. I don't think that we are the target audience so it would be expected for us to not really be interested. What is important is that it got a whole bunch of youngsters into reading. JK wrote the books with her own child in mind. Personally, I think she has done something wonderful. She also made some big bucks. Go girl.

DL

Agreed 100%.

The movie Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix was so condensed I couldn't enjoy because I'd read the book prior to seeing the movie and knew all the parts they'd cut out, and that really bugged me.

The acting was a bit better than the previous movies. The last part of the movie had some really cool special effects; it was fun watching the dueling.

Other than that, I'll definately be at Borders Friday night to get my book. I've got a whole weekend to read.

'Harry Potter' publisher gets subpoena to identify pirate

From Bloomberg NewsJuly 17, 2007

Scholastic Corp., publisher of the new "Harry Potter" book, obtained a subpoena to learn the identity of a user who allegedly posted copies of the final sequel, scheduled for release Saturday, on a California website.

Scholastic said in a court filing Monday that "materials hosted on Photobucket.com's system" contain materials that infringe copyrights owned by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books. Photobucket.com, a News Corp. unit, is a website for sharing photos and videos on social networks such as MySpace.

The subpoena was sent to Gaia Interactive Inc. in San Jose seeking the identity of a user on gaiaonline.com, a social network, according to the filing in San Francisco federal court.

Gaia complied with the subpoena, removed the material and temporarily banned the user from the site, said Gaia spokesman Bill Danon. The postings included scanned material and a discussion of the material, he said.

• 2 weeks later...