New Version Notification Feature

Legolash2o

New Version Notification Feature  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think vLite should have an "New Version Notification" feature?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I hate it when sometimes i do a vlite job and after its done and everything installed, i found out theres a newer version of vlite with more features, functions, removals,etc... I think vlite should automatically check for updated versions of vLite.

If there is an update then it could just take you to the vlite homepage not anything fancy like download and install it for you, i think it would be a brilliant function to have, very handy too. :lol:

A "new version notification" would be good enough just incase i forget to check, doesn't have to be anything fancy just something like "There is a new version available, would you like to go to the download page? Yes/No" which then just takes you to the vlite homepage. Againg nothing fancy is needed, i agree with Dynaletik about keeping vlite smaller.

What's everyone's thoughts about this idea?

P.S. Would be handy for nLite too

Liam

Edited by legolash2o

Hmm, I always check the vLite website BEFORE creating a new iso for installing Vista. Sometimes I even install Vista just because a new vLite version is released. I wouldn't need this "feature". For me it just makes vLITE bigger. ;)

A new version verification would be good enough just incase i forget to check, doesn't have to be anything fancy just something like "There is a new version available, would you like to go to the download page? Yes/No" which then just takes you to the vlite homepage. Againg nothing fancy is needed, i agree with Dynaletik about keeping vlite smaller.

Liam