Embedding SATA Drivers into a customized xp install disc

How do I embed SATA drivers into a customized install disc of windows xp?

Microsoft doesn't want you doing this; I've opened a call with them and confirmed this.

What third party apps can do this for me and which is quickest?

Thanks for your help; I cannot locate this info in a timely fashion, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: Link to Manual Integration Method.

RAID/SATA Drivers

Here is my txtsetup.sif entry for Intel® 82801FBM SATA AHCI Controller. This is based on the txtsetup.oem file that is a part of the manufacturer's F6 Floppy.

[SourceDisksFiles]
iastor.sys = 1,,,,,,_x,4,1

[SCSI.Load]
iaStor = iastor.sys,4

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2653&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106 = "iaStor"

[SCSI]
iaStor = "Intel® 82801FBM SATA AHCI Controller"

Edited by Sinistrality

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any way to integrate those drivers without modifying the WINNT.SIF file? What about If I want to install XP attended (without WINNT.SIF)?

Thanks.

Yep, at least it worked with my RAID drivers... I just got the startup floppy setup files from my motherboard's website, extracted them and then directed nLite to the folder during driver integration... just choose the right ones for your chipset, RAID and AHCI drivers, and select textmode and it should work. I did it successfully with the IHC8R chipset drivers, but stuffed it up with the Gigabyte (Jmicron) ones, as I think I chose a couple of different kinds.

@illegalbrain:

Are you sure nLite does not create/modify the WINNT.SIF file on the I386 folder of the installation source in order to do that? I know the "classical method" is to modify the TXTSETUP.SIF file and may be DOSNET.INF file too, and then create/modify the WINNT.SIF file. The WINNT.SIF file must have the "OemPnpDriversPath" directive so that Windows loads the drivers at text mode setup.

I need, for particular reasons (do an attended install), integrate some SATA drivers without creating the WINNT.SIF file. Is this possible?

Edited by ponghy