NLite: W2K Installation hangs up when saving settings

Thilo

Uh half of you said it works out of the blue, now you see why I'm having trouble confirming it.

Still haven't dig deep, collecting bugs.

newer, you do realize that this topic is for Win2k and that ryanvm is for XP SP2 only?

5. nLite is free for personal use only, you cannot use it for any company or business

purposes at this time.

Ooooppss!! my mistake I didn't read the license agreement (stupidity excuses no one..LOL)

Anyway lets forget about that lets focus on the real issue here.(nice diversinary tactic..LOL)

Right now Im still trying it and trying to look what is the real cause of the problem.

Edited by efrain

@Ac men

Please post your LastSessionIni.

What do you mean with "exact the same problem" ?

The "hanging" or that you want to use nlite for a company as well ? ;)

Basically, "Just a few drivers added", is not very clear, ´cause depending on the kind of drivers, their sequence and the method of integration is important.

Agi

Heh, sorry about that.

It's the hanging problem. Broadcom/Intel network drivers and Dell perc TXT drivers.

LAST_SESSION.INI

@efrain

Sorry, since I´m not sure, how it´s handled in this forum, I have to stick to my statement.

Because in the german-nlite forum, we have the strict rule, not to give any support, if nlite is used commercially or run on a corporate edition.

If Nuhi or another admin/ mod says, it´s o.k. to give further support, I will do so.

@Ac men

Even though some people say, the sequence doesn´t matter or they never encountered any problems, that´s the one that worked best for me :

RAID/ SATA/ Conrollerdrivers via textmode

chipsetdrivers via inf-method

networkdrivers

The OEMSETUP.inf definetely does NOT belong in the driversection.

What driver does it belong to ?

Agi

Edited by AgiHammerklau

Uh half of you said it works out of the blue, now you see why I'm having trouble confirming it.

Still haven't dig deep, collecting bugs.

newer, you do realize that this topic is for Win2k and that ryanvm is for XP SP2 only?

Forgot to mention I was making a XpSP2 installation CD, sorry about that, just dont wanna make a similar topic to bother everyone..

I've burned another one without any dirvers and it worked, I'll try nlite1.35 see if there is something wrong between the dirver and the new version.

Back to the original topic...

I am still getting a hang on "Saving Settings" with both Windows XP and Windows 2000. The strange thing about XP is that the hang is not strictly reproducible, and seems to happen at random. I tested an ISO in Virtual PC and had no hang, but when I burned the same ISO to cd and tried it on my computer I did receive a hang. Very strange, and for the time being I will be using an old ghost image with an nlited (1.3) installation.

After so maaaanny trial and error on nLite v1.4 Beta I decided try the lower version of nLite which is nLite v1.3.5 I use the same presets that I used on nLite v1.4 Beta and guess what it actually works... I think there is a problem on nLite v1.4 Beta. Because every time I remove a components specially on Services and Operating System Options on win2k the saving settings hangs up.

LAST_SESSION.INI

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It hangs for me if I remove NetDDE in 2k, that's why it's removed in next version.

Please try next one from tomorrow (1.4RC) and attach here your preset if it still hangs.

• 2 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

Using the latest non-RC version of nlite resolved the 9-minute install hang. Not sure what the problem is in 1.RC2, but that was definitely the problem.

I am having the EXACT same problem in Windows XP Home SP2 using NLite 1.4RC2. I do NOT have any of the same addons as were shown in the .ini files linked in the first post.

Any resolutions to the Windows XP bug mentioned here?

Just as a refresher, the install runs completely fine until 9 minutes. Then the install hangs while trying to save the settings.

Here is my .ini, just for the record.

Windows_xp_home.INI

I am reverting back to nLite 1.3.5 and crossing my fingers that this fixes whatever the problem is.

Edited by radigast

• 2 weeks later...