Fujitsu

mark

Egads... 300GB! It's a shame that it's only 4200RPM, but hey - you gotta save on power somewhere. USB devices can only draw 2.5W at peak load, otherwise you risk frying your USB controller. Stupid, stupid design. It's a shame more computers don't have proper 6-pin firewire ports and support.

Just to note: I just bought a 250GB 2.5" SATA Fujitsu Hornet of the same series. Be aware that that it is 12.5mm thick and will not fit in most external cases!! The typical drive is only 9.5mm thick and that is what almost all (if not all at the moment) external cases are built for. I bought mine for storage only, not for speed. That 3mm is annoying though I've been able to work around it. I bought the 250GB one becuase I only paid 120 for it and the the per GB price was hard to beat. The 300GB model is up around 280 - too much at the moment!!!

That extra 3mm is indeed a pain in the rear. It means that you can't put those drives in a laptop. I guess they're meant for smaller form factor storage farms, or to be put in place of SAS drives for larger storage capacities.