Adobe CS3 Master Collection

slettebo

Is it anybody out there who have a description for a unattended installation for each apps in the Master Collection?

I also need a description over how to make a installation point of the 4 DVD's..

:unsure:

The link inside the webpage don't work:

"Complete deployment information"

and how to install dvd-less. If I copy all the files to one map, the installation stop's and ask for disk2

(I hav tryed making maps like DISK1 DISK2 ... It don't work)

If someone have done the silent install of CS3 before me, please give me a hint..

• 6 months later...

link works great if your running a silent install from a hard drive. problem is getting it to install silently from a DVD (which could be any drive letter) I can use variables to find the exe and the install.xml however, the xml file has exact file locations and so far no variables have worked for me in the xml file. I tried using AutoIT to (right before the CS3 install) rewrite the xml file with the correct drive letters, to the local drive. but it doesn't seem to work...

for some background, This is for a unattended OS DVD which would install the Master collection silently.

Edited by pixelpusher

link works great if your running a silent install from a hard drive. problem is getting it to install silently from a DVD (which could be any drive letter) I can use variables to find the exe and the install.xml however, the xml file has exact file locations and so far no variables have worked for me in the xml file. I tried using AutoIT to (right before the CS3 install) rewrite the xml file with the correct drive letters, to the local drive. but it doesn't seem to work...

for some background, This is for a unattended OS DVD which would install the Master collection silently.

Yeah, i've tried plenty of methods and gave up. I just made a self extracting zip, extracted to the system drive and installed it from there, then delete the folder after it's done. works fine if you have the space to spare. Also I found that if you install all the components on say dreamweaver, when you go to install photoshop it will fail because it detects that some components are already already installed. You NEED some of the components installed for it to work, and only method I found was that install all the adobe cs3 applications first without any components, in my case dreamweaver, then w/e cs3 application that comes last with all the components. Namely photoshop has all the components the rest of them come with. I couldn't find something for the components to force install. I'm stupid or adobe messed up!

So you failed on getting it right? Try to give us something to work on (like some xml samples (before/after) and your execution script) and I may come up with a solution. Your problem sounds as recent as was asked here. Help is given if details are enough to understand your problem to start with.

:)

• 1 month later...

Do you have these files

AdobeSINGAll.proxy.xml 
AdobeStockPhotos1.5All.proxy.xml
AdobeStockPhotos1.5All.proxy.xml
AdobeVersionCue3All.proxy.xml

with xml content inside or with some crap? I have crap in them and that is why setup won't load for me :(