Adware popups after nlite

silverferro

I have used nlite for a long time. And I love it. But recently I keep getting popup windows showing random ads. This happens after i used nlite to process my winxp. I initialy thought It was some stubbon spyware/adware and reformated the disk and installed windows prepared with nlite and no other software added. Going to sites like even yahoo gives me these ad popups every 10 mins. When i install windows directly from the window CD, i don't get these popups. Nlite adds these popups? I really hope thats not the case :wacko: . Anyone else faced this problem with the recent version of nilte?

Nope, I don't put such things. Also you can see at download.com and softpedia.com that nLite got "clean" status.

Check your installer if it has exact MD5 hash, however there is only 1.4 listed on my site to compare with so it's useful only if you have 1.4.

Did you check "Remove ALEXA" ?

Did you integrate any addons, some of them have "Yahoo Tool Bar" and other crap like this in their installers ?!

Agi

That´s the reason, why I love the portable FireFox2addon with all neccessary plugins integrated, like adblock+, noscript,...

Edited by AgiHammerklau

Thanks alot for the replies. Glad its not nlite. I download my copy from softpedia. No i did not install anything else. Win xp + IE7 + WMP 11. I reformated the drive and the popups keep coming back after a new install of windows. Really wierd. I belived formating removed everyhting on a comp.

I'm gonna wipe the harddisk clean with kill disk this weekend then format it and install windows and see if the popups are there. These adware/spyware progs are getting more stubborn by the day. :angry:

One more thing I forgot to mention. The windows updates which I integrate with nlite are from a programe called "windows updates downloader". Could one of the updates contain the spyware/adware? Anyone else uses that programe to get the updates for win xp 32bit?