Vista Liscenses and other stuff

montanha

Hello friends,

I try to make this the most comprehensive i can. I don't know if this is the best place to ask about this 1st thing i came up with, but here it goes: My friend just got a Toshiba notebook today and it comes with Vista installed along with ALOT of trash stuff. He wanted me to get rid of it all and change the language to portuguese (it was bought in US while he was on a trip there). So i downloaded the VistaKeythingie proggie to get his CDKey (he threw the manual/cds away). Once I had his original CDKey i downloaded the Home premium portuguese version and installed just like he wanted. Is there any problems with legal stuff and using windows updates?

Now the 2nd question: I am planning get a new notebook just like my friend did and i noticed that Asus doesnt give you a original Vista dvd but a "Master DVD" with vista and alot of crapload. I dont need and hate these issues. Is it possible to do a fresh install of vista using my original cdkey that comes with the notebook? It'll be legally ok? And now the most important: Is it possible to use a vLited version of that OS using my future cdkey?

I am asking this all because I noticed one stuff: When I installed the portuguese vista on my friends' notebook i couldn't chose to format the HD option, only 'overwrite' the current install, altough I could fully remove the old content. Seeing it this way I could use vLite to make a new isntall and just delete the old full-of-crap content.

I apologise if this metter was already discussed in the forum. Long time I dont follow the posts and I'm really out of time for searching the whole forum. I also apologise my english.

Thank you very much in advance all of you.

Thank you Nuhi for this great software. I've been playing of making images since earlier versions.

Gustavo.

Well it's not legal to download Windows, that's where the theory fails right in the start. Not to mention activation later on.

And second part of the question would be probably can you use upgrade version for a clean install. There was some guide for that, this one for example: http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/31/clean-i...ade-discovered/

Once I had his original CDKey i downloaded the Home premium portuguese version and installed just like he wanted. Is there any problems with legal stuff and using windows updates?

Firstly Since you have got his original CDKey which came with the notebook then you won't be doing anything illegal as long as you use that CDKey which came with his notebook and no others, so use his CDKey!

Now the 2nd question: I am planning get a new notebook just like my friend did and i noticed that Asus doesnt give you a original Vista dvd but a "Master DVD" with vista and alot of crapload. I dont need and hate these issues. Is it possible to do a fresh install of vista using my original cdkey that comes with the notebook? It'll be legally ok? And now the most important: Is it possible to use a vLited version of that OS using my future cdkey?

Secondly, There are versions of the disk that has all the versions of Windows Vista on it, so when you enter your CDKey it will make sure you have the correct version of Windows i.e. Windows Home Premium. You can then use vLite with it and change it to your needs and install but make sure you delete the other versions of windows on it so it becomes just a "Windows Vista Home Premium" disk for example. Also keep the portuguese or the language you require. There should be no problems as long as you use YOUR CDKey

If you use another CDKey, use a activation crack, etc... then this will be illegal...

SO USE YOUR ORIGINAL CDKEY WHICH YOU GOT, IF YOUR KEY DOESN'T WORK WITH ANY OF THE VISTA VERSIONS OR YOU CANNOT ACTIVATE IT THEN DON'T INSTALL IT, IT WOULD BE ILLEGAL!!! Just use the "Master DVD" which you got with it and remove the junk manually (good luck lol)

You can create a vLited OS with your CDKey but then you won't be able to use that disk on another computer because that would be illegal, but if you use it only on your computer then thats fine.

Can somebody please correct me if im wrong, as the matter can be very confusing... Your english is very good by the way :lol:

Edited by legolash2o

That was my point. My cdkey limitates the install to Home Premium already. As long as i am using this key, i won't be doing anything wrong.

Thank you for your replies!

Thank you very much!