Does XP64 have OOBE after setup?

Does XP64 have OOBE after setup?

systemrecovery_img18.gif

The OOBE welcome screens that come after XP finishes installing - this is present in WinXP home & pro (32-bit).

But how about the 64-bit edition? (I would just like to confirm this, because I think something is very wrong with my disc)

http://h20331.www2.hp.com/Hpsub/cache/2867...-0-225-121.html

Is there anything special about installing Windows XP Professional x64 Edition?

The installation of XP x64 is similar to the 32-bit version of XP. Manual setup of XP x64 is almost identical to the 32-bit process, from disk partitioning, to adding a new mass storage driver. Unattended installations, typically used by larger IT departments, are also very similar. An installation that uses the Microsoft process and tools will typically work with little or no change from an XP 32-bit install.

Any installation that uses custom scripts and applications will need to be tested to ensure they work with the x64 OS. For example, if the install calls a 16-bit application during the preload, then the 16-bit application will fail. In addition, some changes may be affected by the WOW64 file and registry redirection used by the OS to separate 32-bit and 64-bit applications and settings.

The most noticeable difference is XP x64 does not use "Windows Welcome" or OOBE on the first boot to an image. "Windows Welcome" is the default first user experience in XP 32-bit where the system prompts for the computer name, time zone, etc. The first end-user boot in XP x64 goes through mini-setup which is the same user experience from Server 2003 or Windows 2000.