Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

auutumn

Unable to send/receive email

In the last two weeks, my Outlook stopped working. I've talked with my ISP (Time Warner Cable) and they can't find out what's wrong. They suggest that the issue could be a corrupt file called "wsoft32.dll" if I heard the tech correctly. Whenever I test the account settings, I get the message "Log onto incoming mail server (pop3): The specified server was found but there was no response from the server."

Any ideas?

If that file is part of the outlook, can you try to reinstall Outlook?

Did you test it with other mail apps like Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird?

I uninstalled then reinstalled Outlook but same issue. I tried Outlook Express and Mozilla Thunderbird but had the same issue.

Any other suggestions?

Is the spelling of the filename correct, I have outlook installed and did a search for that file and can't find a file with that name on my hard drive

Edited by crck3rz

You're probably right about the name of the file. I have Spy Sweeper and it ran a complete sweep the other day and did find a issue that it quanentined; I’ll run another sweep tonight. I found some info on trojans so I’ll look into more deeply tonight.