ram voltage

NaelAmer

hello guys,

i have a lil question, my mother board has 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets, but the RAM which i want to buy is 2.2V , does this matter, is it going to work !! is there will be any problems if i install these RAMs on my motherboard!!

:unsure:

well you have a little problem here. you can run the ram at 1.8v, but you will most likely have to lower the timings on the ram to make sure that it is stable. if you want to use the timings that they are rated for, then you can raise the ram voltage in the bios.

First I like to say that there are fast 1.9volt DDR2 DIMMS, so why get the overdone 2.2volt versions?

If the BIOS has options to set the voltage to 2.2 then it might work but you could face a problem here. If you buy it from a online store prepare to pay for restocking and mail cost as well if it doesn´t work. You are just taking a big risk here, just my thoughts.

It could help us if you tell us the model name of the mobo and RAM so we can help you better ;).

the ram model is >> 2GB kit(1GBx2) DDR2 PC2-8500 Ballistix Tracer 240-pin 1066 2.2V<<

motherboard >> Giga-Byte GA-P35C-DS3R <<

i couldnt find good 8500 ram less than 2.2V as well and i really dont want to pay alot for that, i found this ram will be great for my games!! :ph34r:

Edited by NaelAmer