vLite 1.0 RC - Hammer

nuhi

Jeronimo, I tried it (selected IE) and it was the same, Run, Next, Finish. But I didn't have the internet connection, is that crucial in this test or you don't even see the GUI?

After accepting the license it should check on the internet for updates (eror when not connected) and reportn those after which you can continue installing. After it has performed those action you should be able to select finish. I do not understand, why you do not get to see any directx updates. For some benchmarks an SDK-part is needed (d3d_33.dll?) before you can run it.

I think it was this techdemo for DirectX 10 that required some additional files for DirectX before it could run.

Edited by Jeronimo

Jeronimo, it seems then that without the internet connection it just finishes. I'll see later about enabling the virtual network, I'll kill you if it works and kiss if it fails ;)

I would vote for the 2nd, however I fear for the first. I doubt the Setup would continue/finish without an internet connection. Only thing I can come up with is that it is a localisation that required update (and you are using English? Or Croatian?).

You vote for the 2nd ;) nasty.

No I don't believe localizations have anything to do with it. Can you do a quick test in VMWare with network disabled. Reinstall Vista with any configuration in it and try. If you again experience some error then it's your Vista somehow...which I doubt, I bet it's the network connection. It's easier for you to check, I have VMWare busy and network drivers are not installed. Or wait 24h.

edit:

redownloaded your exact dxweb installer and it downloads. Gonna try now without the IE, I bet it will fail. Sorry for this but I had the wrong dxweb.exe, probably older version :\

I do not know if this has ever been asked before, but will there be a capability in vLite to integrate service packs/hotfixes and applications to the image like in nLite? service packs/hotfixes -> install.wim and apps somewhere else?

Thanks for the great job nuhi!

Hmm, the RC rocks nuhi. I tried to integrate my SoundBlaster X-Fi sound drivers with an older vLite version once and I already thought it would not go, cause there are so many files that do not get copied. After install, device manager said that the card could not be started, failed. Now I did the same with vLite 1.0 RC, just for testing (I again thought it will not work). But it works! vLite copied ALL necessary files for starting the sound card right. I don't know if you changed something regarding this, but THANKS! :thumbup