vLite 1.0 RC - Hammer

nuhi

:hello:

That RC doesn't work for me under vista 64 making a vista 32.

No more setup.exe in the final image!

Just:

boot

efi

sources ...folders and:

Autounattend.xml

bootmgr

that's it.

Am I missing something too?

Cheers

tVdP, yeah, reading descriptions :)

Next time keep Manual Install component. You can still boot from that cd once the ISO is made, setup.exe isnt' the only way to install Vista.

JohnnyFu, the component which benchmarks your pc, the one responsible for the performance index. And that whole page in question (performance inf and tools).

Does this also removes the performance test during the setup??

And what about the MSN installer?

As with previous release(s) DirectX Web Setup does not work when removing IE with vLite. Gives an errormessage right after accepting the license.

Current version of DirectX Web Setup does also gives an error upon downloading,but this is not related to vLite according to me (previous version of the tool did wotk when IE was kept).

Hanschke, I see now what you meant, preinstalled. I'll see about adding capture support after the 1.0 final.

Jeronimo, haven't seen that one, I install the downloaded version, directx_jun2007_redist.exe, works just fine. But I will check that web version if it is maybe possible to fool it, thx.

tVdP, yeah, reading descriptions :)

Next time keep Manual Install component. You can still boot from that cd once the ISO is made, setup.exe isnt' the only way to install Vista.

:thumbup

Thanx

In fact the boot of the iso (without setup.exe) is recognised on my recents workstations but not on an older laptop.

(I'm thinking: is that a way to talk to a supastar like Nuhi?...)

Thank you very much for all you did for me and many others I did work on their machines in the last years

Merci beaucoup!

Amicalement.

Thierry

Really nice! I've earlier used nLite for many installations, and when I was going to install Vista again I decided to try vLite. I pressed the installation DVD (or rather CD) down to 675 MB!!! :rolleyes: and it only took about 21 minutes to install, from i pressed a key to start from CD untill I could log in. :thumbup

Edited by Mobleman

Yeah, this one rocks again.

Only thing that Creative SoundBlaster Audigy/X-Fi Users should definitely not remove: Multimedia Class Scheduler. After having removed that service, I got crashing sound everytime there was any CPU Usage from another app than Winamp. Now I made a new Image and left the Multimedia Class Scheduler in it. 650 MB Image, fully working Vista Business x86. Thank you nuhi!!!