.ul works, but .ulz doesn't - why?

Hello. I'm new to this wonderful little program so I have obviously missed any previous discussions regarding its use, so please be gentle. I'm using the latest v2.25 of WUD, of which the website says I should use at least 2.23 for the online .ulz files.

I've been trying to use the .ulz files found on the offiicial WUD website (by loading them through the program itself), but they refuse to be read in. However, all the forum-posted .ul files work fine. From the fact that there is an extra "z" in the prefix, I almost assume that this would be a zipped version of the .ul.

Anyway, what have I missed here? How am I meant to use the .ulz files? Thanx.

Edited by Rick2525

Ah thank you, I suspected as much. Before I posted this query I had tried to make them into a .zip file but that didn't work at all. And I never thought to just double-click the little blighters (hmm, a self-decompressing archive - who would have thunk it?).

For people like myself (a noob with 30 years experience in the PC industry), my attempts were to either use the file as is in WUD or try to rename the suffix as a valid archive format, so maybe jcarle can indicate on the website that one just double-clicks on the .ulz files - a somewhat obvious but ultimately undocumented part of the website.

On another note, maybe the name WUD should be changed to the more relevant MUD moniker, since it's not just Windows that we can use this proggie for but all of M$'s product line. However, I can already hear the cash registers ringing in the laywer's offices for using the name (that shall not be mentioned, ala MacBeth, whoops!) at all.

Thanks for everything.

For people like myself (a noob with 30 years experience in the PC industry), my attempts were to either use the file as is in WUD or try to rename the suffix as a valid archive format, so maybe jcarle can indicate on the website that one just double-clicks on the .ulz files - a somewhat obvious but ultimately undocumented part of the website.

Duly noted, I'll take care of that at the same time as I rework the website, which should be soon.