Total Commander

planoleg

Thanks, lots of cool stuff but still the same problem, I cannot configure the setup. As a result, it inserts the shortcut into toolbar, desktop and start menu, which I don't want. I have this probloem for most of the programs. After they are installed automatically my computer looks like a garbage because I have all these icons all over the place and programs are configured by default, which sucks:(

Thanks, lots of cool stuff but still the same problem, I cannot configure the setup. As a result, it inserts the shortcut into toolbar, desktop and start menu, which I don't want. I have this probloem for most of the programs. After they are installed automatically my computer looks like a garbage because I have all these icons all over the place and programs are configured by default, which sucks:(
You need to do more reading and learn how to delete .lnk files these can be added to cleanup.cmd or Runonce

"CMD /C DEL \"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Total Commander.lnk\"" /f

* Download the installer.

* Using Total Commander itself, open the installer using CTRL+PGDN

* Copy install.inf to the other pane using F5. You could also use your favorite packer program like winzip, winrar,... but why bother if you have TC? thumbup.gif

* Edit install.inf as follows:

[auto]

auto=1

lang=1

alllang=1

iniloc=c:\totalcmd

iniall=1

mkgroup=1

mkdesktop=1

* See the section [Languages] to know your language number. If you are reading this forum, you are smart enough to figure out the rest of the file.

* Put install.inf back in the installer (copy it back using F5).

* To do an unattended installation, just run the modified installer.

* If you are a registered user, copy the file wincmd.key in the installation folder.

Could you give me a link? By the way the code you provided would only delete shortcut from the desktop?

All Users:

"CMD /C DEL \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\Total Commander.lnk\"" /f
"CMD /C DEL \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Total Commander\Total Commander.lnk\"" /f
"CMD /C DEL \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Total Commander.lnk\"" /f

User:

"CMD /C DEL \"%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Total Commander\Total Commander.lnk\"" /f
"CMD /C DEL \"%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Total Commander.lnk\"" /f
"CMD /C DEL \"%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Total Commander.lnk\"" /f

Total Commander doesn't use all these .lnks but this is just to give you an idea you can edit to suit your own programs.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

open the installer using CTRL+PGDN How, what is PGDN?

"CMD /C DEL \"%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Total Commander\Total Commander.lnk\"" /f

"CMD /C DEL \"%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Total Commander.lnk\"" /f

"CMD /C DEL \"%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Total Commander.lnk\"" /f

I put this in command lines in WPI and then install total commander, and I have shortcuts on desktop, taskbar and in start menu, and in addition I have a folder in start meny->programs called "total commander", which has a lot of stuff there. Which commands do I have to write in order to avoid this mess and get my programs installed without useless shortcuts everywhere?

• 6 months later...

Hello i installing tcmd via customized install.ini and copying config files to default user location where i want them. Everything works ok, BUT (there is always but, when i writing here :) ) after installation is complete explorer window with total cmd startgroup opens up. Do you know how to get rid of it (other then disable creating it with setup and crate it manually)?

EDIT: oh, i found it here on msfn someone posted nircmd.exe ...

Edited by Lolita