IE7 & Hotfixes

Kelsenellenelvian

Ok Nuhi I was sitting through like my 20th build this week :P (Not anything todo with nLite testing other stuff)

While nLite was proccessing I noticed a quirk that may need to be looked at.

I was nLite'ing an XP\SP2 disk with a bunch of stuff added and nothing removed.

I noticed nLite is proccessing IE7 hotfixes BEFORE Proccessing IE7. Is it supposed to do that?

IE7 Files and hotfixes added:

IE7-KB928090-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

IE7-WindowsXP-KB933566-x86-ENU.exe

IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

Sorry no log I usually disable that.

• 2 months later...

And currently, this leads to a problem if nlite is left to just run a default course. You must use a little logic applied to some clicks of the up / down arrowns in the hotfix ui. <-- This feature is essential if nite is to work for builds a few months after it's release.

Thx for the cmd-line support Nuhi!

Regards, -t

Kels, it will integrate as it sees it in the Hotfix page, top to bottom. Click once on the Build Date header and it will sort properly.

I am planning to warn user on exiting that page to do it.

Thunderboy, I don't get it, what did you say?

Btw this "issue" is just the fact that ms named the hotfixes so that the alphabetically when you insert them they are not well sorted, nothing weird there, just click on the build date header.

Because some user may want some particular order, or date was false (day/month/year, sometimes there is year/month/day or similar).

Addons also have manually written date, it can be anything. Addon for IE may want to be pushed after the new hotfixes even if the addon is older.

Because some user may want some particular order, or date was false (day/month/year, sometimes there is year/month/day or similar).

Addons also have manually written date, it can be anything. Addon for IE may want to be pushed after the new hotfixes even if the addon is older.

I meant auto arrange just after they have been added (after they appear on the list), so the user can still manually move things up/down but make an option to disable it if someone wants/needs too like a tick box.