Whats the best "Dock" software for XP?

iceangel89

ya what do u all use? Stardock's ObjectDock? Yz Dock? or what? my experience with Object dock is that it crashes (seems to dissappear sometimes when XP crashes/lagged.) what will also not affect performance too much.

I also use RocketDock. It's up-to-date, maintained, fast, configurable and beautiful.

The only drawback is it's free. What, it's not a drawback? :D

From the performance point of view, under the most demanding conditions I could create, it used 1GHz of CPU power. This was really under the most demanding conditions. For normal use, it is less than 300MHz (and this seems to be during less than 1/3s).

It's really light.

• 1 month later...

i use RocketDock too, the best thing i like about it is how well it can be customized.................i make all the changes including adding icons or picts, remove any unecessary languages, and add any skins or remove any i don't like...............i then create a SFX archive to install it................

i use RocketDock too, the best thing i like about it is how well it can be customized.................i make all the changes including adding icons or picts, remove any unecessary languages, and add any skins or remove any i don't like...............i then create a SFX archive to install it................

Yes, this is nice...

However, I wish it had the feature to add multiple docks like ObjectDock...