Is there any way to silent install Vista Codec Package

Ok it is now saying another version is installed and to remove that before installing... but there is no other installed...?

Your saying other codecs are installed or same codec package?

Are you installing this unattendly or testing this silently live in windows?

I have Unattended then on first logon WPI loads and i select this from WPI, there are no other codecs installed. This is all tested on VMWARE. Here what it says exactly.

Another version of this product is already

installed. Installation of this version cannot

continue. To configure or remove the

existing version of this product, use

Add/Remove Programs on the Control

Panel.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to write a batch file that will silently install my apps for both XP and Vista. I have each app in a seperare folder.

I've tried running:

vcpack\vcpack.exe /qn

But it extracts the installer, which runs and finally cancels saying that the proper way to install silently is to use /S /v/qn

So I ran:

vcpack\vcpack.exe /S /v/qn

which did exactly the same thing.

I even tried extracting the contents of the switchless installer you linked to. No matter how I run vcpack.exe I get an error that it "Could not delete output file".

Same problems here with that codec pack, i went back to K-Lite codec pack works and installs fine.
I'm not surprised you had problems.
I'm trying to write a batch file that will silently install my apps for both XP and Vista. I have each app in a seperare folder.

I've tried running:

vcpack\vcpack.exe /qn

But it extracts the installer, which runs and finally cancels saying that the proper way to install silently is to use /S /v/qn

So I ran:

vcpack\vcpack.exe /S /v/qn

which did exactly the same thing.

I even tried extracting the contents of the switchless installer you linked to. No matter how I run vcpack.exe I get an error that it "Could not delete output file".

To install on an English system simply execute vcpack.exe at any time (with NO switches)

The only switch that installer accepts is the [vcpack.exe transforms=xxxx] to choose an alternate language.

shark