Is there any way to silent install Vista Codec Package

Don't really understand your q. but this is how I silently install the english locale in Vista, should work ok in xp.

From my sfx:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

setup=vcpack.exe transforms=1033.mst

setup=cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemroot%\vcpack.exe

Hope that helps?

:realmad:

i unpacked it and just run the msi with /qn
The above proceedure is NOT RECOMMENDED because you will bypass pertinent installation commands.

The recommended unattended installation for Vista is to extract and use the provided switchless installer contained within the integration file provided for XP users. Within this download is vcpack.exe and also instruction on how to use it for languages other than english. This installer does not require any switches.

shark

:realmad:
i unpacked it and just run the msi with /qn
The above proceedure is NOT RECOMMENDED because you will bypass pertinent installation commands.

The recommended unattended installation for Vista is to extract and use the provided switchless installer contained within the integration file provided for XP users. Within this download is vcpack.exe and also instruction on how to use it for languages other than english. This installer does not require any switches.

shark

Whatever, works fine for me.

I dont want an addon, verey useless.

Edited by sp00f

Whatever, works fine for me.

I dont want an addon, verey useless.

I'm glad to hear this type of installation is enough to satisfy your needs but as the package developer,

I DO NOT RECOMMEND this proceedure.

Please do not recommend this to others.

A major drawback amongst others is the fact that this type of install

defeats the possibilty of removing and re-adding components at will.

If it is enough to have working codecs, by all means, continue as you were, but most users will want the full capabilities of this package.

The recommended unattended installation is NOT an addon and has no addons involved,

it is just a name for the package that the RVM integrator recognizes, nothing more.

shark

RVM integrator doesn't work with vista...?

No it doesnt at this time. I recommend you download the integrated package, extract vcpack.exe from that package and simply cause it to be executed during the Vista unattended installation. If you need a language other than english, read the INI file for further information.

shark

I agree with Shark.... what's the purpose oof having installed a powerful Codec Pack without it's ability to update/remove install key components as well? no point in the pack then. He made this pack to pretty much be the end-all of worries on having codecs properly installed and readily available to access anything in NEED of codecs......just go with complete install man, it's the best option and besides, it hardly uses any space and incredibly easy to integrate fully silently

Edited by XL-DJK95355

I know it's good i have it installed but i am having trouble doing the intergrate silently thing... i downloaded the package do i just use a sync command and run the CMD file..?

Edited by tonycrew

I have made an Autounattend.xml with WSIM, i also have WPI set to run with a SetupComplete.cmd in the DVD\SOURCES\$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS folder...

I would like to silent install from the setup complete command if possible so it's automatic.....

If you have silent install can you see a progress bar so you know when it's done..?

SetupComplete.cmd

@echo off

for %%A in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do (
if exist %%A\bootmgr (
if not exist %%A\setup.exe (
echo.
echo Installing to drive %%A
echo.
if exist %%A\menu.lst attrib %%A\menu.lst -h -r -s
if exist %%A\menu.lst ren %%A\menu.lst menu_lst.bak
if exist %%A\grldr attrib %%A\grldr -h -r -s
copy %systemroot%\setup\scripts\grldr %%A\grldr
attrib %%A\grldr +h +s +r
%systemroot%\setup\scripts\bootinst /nt60 %%A
)
)
)

for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\sources\install.wim set CDROM=%%i:
echo Found CD-Rom as drive %CDROM%

RMDIR %UserProfile%\Desktop\Serials
RD %UserProfile%\Desktop\Serials

REM SETTING WALLPAPER
REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v Wallpaper /t REG_SZ /d %systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\UltimateStart_1920x1440.jpg /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General" /v Wallpaper /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d %%systemroot%%\Web\Wallpaper\UltimateStart_1920x1440.jpg /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General" /v BackupWallpaper /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d %%systemroot%%\Web\Wallpaper\UltimateStart_1920x1440.jpg /f

Start %cdrom%\install\update.exe
Start %cdrom%\WPI\wpi.hta

del %0

T,do you have winrar or 7zip? If so check out the search function & look for Keytotime's excellent guide.

Since you are using the setupcomplete.cmd you could first pack Sharks codecs into a sfx & run with wpi.

Hope that helps?

btw nice scripting in your setupcomplete.cmd