IE7-WindowsXP-KB933566-x86-ENU.exe Not applied

zedox

I haven't checked all your updates, but WindowsMedia6-KB925398-x64-ENU.exe sticks out like a sore thumb. You should probably remove it and place the correct 32 bit OS version in there.

oooo... hmmm, will remove that.

This might help you... The control panel internet options is still the ie 6 version.

Also noticed from my WU1.txt file that one of the hotfixes missing is one that fixes TCPIP...KB922819.

Will try adding these hotfixes to see if it fixes KB933566.

Edited by zedox

The main source of the problem is most surely this:

IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

WindowsXP-KB929969-x86-ENU.exe

I've checked your entire list and it seems to me you haven't taken care of it much. If any obsolete hotfixes required workarounds they may fail now as workarounds are gradually removed from HFSLIP.

Superseded:

WindowsXP-KB885835-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB890046-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB894391-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB896424-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB900930-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB911567-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB912919-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB920214-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB921398-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB922616-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB928388-x86-ENU.exe

I would also add security update WindowsXP-KB918439-x86-ENU.exe (as warned by HFNETCHK).

The main source of the problem is most surely this:

IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

WindowsXP-KB929969-x86-ENU.exe

Tried with IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe on its own as it previously states in an HFSLIP log furthur up, made no difference.

I've checked your entire list and it seems to me you haven't taken care of it much. If any obsolete hotfixes required workarounds they may fail now as workarounds are gradually removed from HFSLIP.

Lol hold on... I am taking care of my hotfixes hence this entire topic! I'm rebuilding my HF folder, as I said above I wanted to get IE7 slipstreaming + IE7updates sorted first.

Maybe I should do it the other way round... Sort all the XP hotfixes and then the IE7 Slipstreaming!

Thanks for the heads up tomcat!

Edited by zedox

This might help you... The control panel internet options is still the ie 6 version.
This might imply that the delayed file renames are not taking place. Can you ZIP HFSLIP.CMD from SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK and SVCPACK.INF from SOURCESS\I386?

I've just ran windows update on an unmodded XP to find out every update required, now testing with these being implemented with HFSLIP.

will post the files you like if it still doesnt work.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry so late to reply but been away for the week sunning myself up in Tenerife (amongst other things ;))

Any who I have aquired a list of every update my XP installation requires... KB933566 is still not working.

Provided my HFSLIP.LOG and WU1.TXT files below...

This might imply that the delayed file renames are not taking place. Can you ZIP HFSLIP.CMD from SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK and SVCPACK.INF from SOURCESS\I386?
:)

HFSLIP.CMD looks fine to me.

If you still have the system operational, check if any of these files are floating around in the system32 folder:

iesetup2.dll

mshtml2.dll

msratng2.dll

inseng2.dll

webchck2.dll

imgutil2.dll

inetcpl2.cpl

pngfilt2.dll

Are you letting HFSLIP delete the CAT files? Maybe they are required for IE7. Try a run without deleting CAT files (DELCATS=).