IE7-WindowsXP-KB933566-x86-ENU.exe Not applied

zedox

Afternoon all,

For some reason Windows Updates is saying I need this update (IE7-WindowsXP-KB933566-x86-ENU.exe) although I included it in the HF folder...

i've attached my log below, any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by zedox

It may be that the IE7 installer and/or the IE7 hotfix(es) are corrupt. Can you download them again?

Also, I advise you do a run without WINNT.SIF.

Tried redownloading IE7 and IE7 hotfix's and also tried without WINNT... same outcome..

Will try gathering a WUx.txt file.

@Glowy

Is Windows Update asking you to install KB933566 or is HFNETCHK? It appears to me that MS didn't implement support for IE7 in the XML file yet because KB933566 for IE7 does not contain browseui.dll at all. Windows Update usually does a better check than that. Your WU1.TXT file actually tells me your system is fine.

@zedox

Now that's weird. If I have to believe WU1.TXT, pretty much everything failed to slipstream. Do you have an $OEM$ folder with a bunch of files? Do you have enough hard disk space? Also try the latest test release.

@zedox

Now that's weird. If I have to believe WU1.TXT, pretty much everything failed to slipstream. Do you have an $OEM$ folder with a bunch of files? Do you have enough hard disk space? Also try the latest test release.

No $OEM$ Folder.

Tried latest release.

And I have GB's of space!

Note... I only have a few exe's in my HF folder... i'm just trying to sort IE7 slipstreaming and updates out before bringing in all the updates...

Should add though that even with every update Windows updates needs being slipstreamed using HFSLIP windows updates still asks for KB933566!

That explains the amount of warnings in WU1.TXT but it makes it difficult for me to locate the problem. Do you mind running HFSLIP with all hotfixes and then making a WU*.TXT file for that?

@Glowy

Is Windows Update asking you to install KB933566 or is HFNETCHK? It appears to me that MS didn't implement support for IE7 in the XML file yet because KB933566 for IE7 does not contain browseui.dll at all. Windows Update usually does a better check than that. Your WU1.TXT file actually tells me your system is fine.

WU tells me to install it.

when I put the update in HFSVCPACK_SW1 it doesn't

Same for msxml6 but you already mentioned that here but putting it in HFSVCPACK_SW1 doesn't help there

Edited by Glowy