Weird Folder Name In C:\

I've had this problem ever since my first unattended cd. After Windows starts up for the first time, there is an empty folder in the C:\ called ñ. So, C:\ñ

I have absolutely no idea what program or process has created that, and I can't get rid of it through a batch file, since batch's run through a dos command prompt and the font the command prompt uses does not support that character. Does anyone know of any other way to delete it? Or, what in the heck is creating it in the first place?

:) you don't have to delete everything from the batch

since its empty it shouldn't be doing too much, if its really empty!

are you formatting the hdd? your mft table may be corrupt?

try deleting it through windows if you cannot get windows to do it its either a virus of mft corrupt afaik.

it might be created by one of your drivers or one of the programs you install as a temp folder?

Yeah I know I can delete it manually, lol. But I'm curious as to why it's there. I wondered if anyone else has run into that before. No it's not hard drive corruption of any sort considering it happens in Virtual PC and VMware as well.

No, see, you don't understand. Deleting from a batch does not work because the font that is used in the .bat and .cmd windows does NOT support the 'ñ' character. So therefore, when I tell it to RD, RMDIR, or DEL C:\ñ it can't see the 'ñ' character.

It is for sure an empty folder, and what's interesting is the apps I have on my unattended cd are the same ones I install normally. Nothing new. So I'm curious as to what is creating that folder. It's not a big deal, I was just wondering if anybody else had run into that before.

a time consuming suggestion:

you've probably slipstreamed and are installing the hotfixes and some programs

modify your cd so it doesn't install your custom programs.

try it again and see if it creates that nice folder :)

ehe I don't think you'll try but anyways.

No, because that's what I USED to have and that never happened. It's not a big deal, but I figured since I'm installing mostly the same programs listed on the Unattended site, give or take some, I thought maybe it's happened to someone else.

No, see, I can get the character into my batch file with just copy and paste, but, when the batch runs it doesn't see that character because it is not supported in the font set it uses. Actually it may be listed, but it doesn't support an 'Alt+xxxx' keystroke command. It says:

Character Code : 0xF1