Installing Windows XP [help?]

multypersonality

Your CD should tell you if it has SP2 or not. If it does not you can easily get it here.

it says:

"A bona fide full version of Microsoft Windows: XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2, WIndows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, or Ultimate. (No upgrade or multi-disc versions)."

and my cd is a copy so. . . i cant tell . . . should i downld. the sp2?

Your CD should tell you if it has SP2 or not. If it does not you can easily get it here.

it says:

"A bona fide full version of Microsoft Windows: XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2, WIndows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, or Ultimate. (No upgrade or multi-disc versions)."

From whom did you get the XP Home CD?

it says:

From whom did you get the XP Home CD?

friend, he had a back-up copy and let me use it,

follow the unattended guide at least through the integrating of service pack 2, you can go further if desired but not required. The resulting cd will work for a "bona fide" XP SP2 cd as far as boot camp is concerned. You don't have to have one made by Microsoft, just one that has SP2 integrated into it. I used my XP cd from the original release, (What 6 years ago now?), after integrating SP2 it works fine.