DAEMON Tools via GuiRunOnce.cmd

NOTS3W

I install a number of programs from my second hard drive rather than from the unattended CD to save space on the CD. That works fine for everything I've tried so far except for Daemon Tools. The lines I'm using are:

start "Daemon Tools" /wait "D:\App Installs\Daemon Tools\daemon4091-x86.exe" /S
del "%ProgramFiles%\DAEMON Tools\SetupDTSB.exe"
reg delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /V "Daemon Tools" /f

The first line does the install, the second line deletes the file that installs the When U adware on first run of DAEMON Tools, and the last line deletes the registry key that causes Daemon Tools to autolaunch on each re-boot.

If I run those lines from a cmd file on the desktop, it does exactly what it's supposed to do. When I include them in guirunonce during installation, I can see Daemon Tools start and appear to install, but I get error messages on the last two lines. The file SetupDTSB.exe can't be found to be deleted nor can the registry key. When the installation is complete, I can confirm that Daemon Tools is not present and for some reason didn't install. But I cannot figure out why.

Is there any reason why Daemon Tools (and only DT) won't install from guirunonce?

I'll really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks.

Ray

Have you slipstreamed the SPTD stuff prior via an rvm/nlite addon? The default Daemon tools installer thingie I think normally checks for and installs sptd if necessary, reboots and THEN installs DT so it might be messing up trying to add a runonceex reg entry or something maybe which could be getting deleted/overwritten somehow. I use Roguespears addon without the crapware, which installs sptd through svcpack and DT at runonceex.

Edited by Tasslehoff

That's a good idea. When I was watching the installation (kinda like watching paint dry), I saw that DT was also installing SPTD. If there was a reboot necessary after SPTD, that could have prevented DT from finishing successfully. I'll check Roguespear's site and try your idea tomorrow. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that when I use the same install command after setup completes, it works okay without an interim reboot. I assume it's installing SPTD then, too.

Is SPTD SCSI Pass Through Direct? Do I even need it if I don't have any SCSI devices? Maybe that's a naive question, but I've never understood what SPTD was for.

Thanks.

Ray

@NOTS3W

Search for Daemon Tools addon by johndoe74 in "nLite Addons".

Extract the files from the .CAB and look into Entries. ini and .cmd file for understando wiht to apply for your use.

I use the trick in this cab very frequently.

0d

download the latest SPTD driver from www.duplexsecure.com and install with this: add /silent before launching the DT installer. maybe this helps you as this type of tools first check if it is already installed. if not, they install it, and the setup continues after doing a reboot. maybe thats why you are having troubles with the setup.

Tasslehoff's suggestion did it! I used NR's SPTD Addon from svcpack then installed DAEMON Tools as before. And it WORKED. I used that addon from RyanVM's site rather than Roguespear's because Roguespear's looked like a bundle of SPTD and DAEMON Tools. To keep things organized, I'm trying to install all "applications" from GuiRunOnce.

@elajua: I'm sure that was indeed the problem. It needed to have SPTD installed and the system rebooted before DT was installed.

@0d14r3: I just downloaded johndoe cab. I didn't know you could do that in an ini file. I've had situations where I've installed a program then gone back to clean things up in the registry by using a separate file, or as in the case here, needed to install one thing from svcpack and another from guirunonce. It would be great to be able to do all of that from a single cab file. I don't understand what he's doing, though.

It looks as though the ..._86.exe gets run from svcpack but all it does is extract itself, right? I don't understand how anything gets installed at that point. Later, in GuiRunOnce, he runs the bat file which somehow is in %windir%\daemon. I assume that's where the exe got extracted but what specified that folder?

This is interesting because I have another utility I'd like to install from an addon pack that involves extracting an archive and running a rundll32 command line but I must specify where the setup.inf is located (where the archive got extracted to). Can you help me understand how those commands are working to put the extracted files in the specific folder?

Thanks to all of you for your responses.

Ray

The file especified in Entries.ini, section [AddProgram] is SFX file created by 7zip. The command within especify the directory to extract the files and at same time especify DONOT DELETE this directory.

In [GUIRunonce] the .ini add one entry to register in RunOnce where is indicated the directory created above and the command to execute, after first reboot.

The trick is the SFX file to create an directory permanent with all files necessary.

0d

The file especified in Entries.ini, section [AddProgram] is SFX file created by 7zip. The command within especify the directory to extract the files and at same time especify DONOT DELETE this directory.

In [GUIRunonce] the .ini add one entry to register in RunOnce where is indicated the directory created above and the command to execute, after first reboot.

I follow the first sentence but after that I'm lost. I understand there must be some command within the sfx that gets launched when the sfx gets decompressed. How do I see what that command is and, more importantly, how do I put my own commands in my own sfx? I think this has something to do with a config.txt file, but I don't see that when I extract the files from the archive.

The trick is the SFX file to create an directory permanent with all files necessary.

I agree that sounds like the most important part of this. But it's not clear how to do it.

Is this all accomplished with 7-zip or are other tools required as well?

Ray

I use WinRAR to create my SFX .EXE files.

I modify the addon from Johndoe74 to my necessity, the comment is here:

; Original por Johndoe74 e Weed
; Mod por 0d14r3
; 2k7-06-26
;
;O comentário abaixo contém comando de sequência SFX

Path=%windir%\temp\daemon
SavePath
Setup=hidec.exe SPTD_1r50-x86.exe add /q
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

and the Entries.ini here:

general]
builddate =2k7/06/26
description =Emulação de CD\DVD
language =English
title =DAEMON Tools (x86)
version =4r091-1r50 - 0d
website =http://www.daemon-tools.cc

[EditFile]
SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[GuiRunOnce]
%windir%\temp\daemon\hidec.exe /W %windir%\temp\daemon\dt40x_x86.bat
del /f /q "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\DAEMON Tools.lnk"
del /f /q "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Menu Iniciar\Programas\DAEMON Tools\Uninstall.lnk"
rd /s /q "%windir%\temp\daemon"

[AddProgram]
DTools.exe

[registry_addreg]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\dtools","DisplayName",0,"Daemon Tools 4.091 - 0d"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\dtools","UninstallString",0x00020000,"%ProgramFiles%\DAEMON Tools\uninst.exe"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\dtools","InstallLocation",0x00020000,"%ProgramFiles%\DAEMON Tools"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\dtools","DisplayIcon",0x00020000,"%ProgramFiles%\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe"

Johndoe changed your install mode but I use the original from the first release this addon.

This addon and others from Rictendo64, Kelsenellenelvian and others are good sources from knowledge about addons.

0d

Edit: Ray look at this post to know about create a SFX .EXE with 7zip: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=666105

Edited by 0d14r3