WPI error with MS FrontPage 2003

Found the problem, if I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Reditributale already installed before Wpi installs Expressionweb....then the error pops up.

Later tests I have done, and first I uninstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Reditributale before I start the installation of Expressionweb en no more errors.

Must say that this installalation problem is on Vista Ultimate 32bit, this problem does'nt appear in XP.

Will do more tests today. let you know is some things change my conclusion for now.

Greets Pliek :thumbup

wrong...wrong...wrong :blushing:

The problem was Office 2007, I had made it unattended with a XML file (always worked until 2 days ago in Vista Ultimate).

It seems that a admin install is better and gives no WPI runtime errors at all.

Now I use office Enterprise 2007 with a UNATTENDED.MSP file...much better.

So for me this problem is solved.

:thumbupThanks for the new WPI version, by the way..

Same problem here. I've been testing a couple of hours (6 hours at least, thank god there's VmWare).

I've been able to narrow it down to ohotfix.exe as well. I do an unattended install of WinXPSP2 build with RyanVM updates and the updates supplied by Driverpacks.net (KPD for all drivers enabled). WPI starts as the last command in RunOnceEx. When I select Office 2003 Pro (full options) and Service Pack 2 updates, at the end of the Service Pack 2 updates I get the same error (same line numbers, so probably not related to config.js or rb_config.js). Just before the error appears, the WPI progress box turn to white (only the top bar with the three buttons at the right is visible). SP2 is still updating at that time. The progressbar will fill up 1 more time, completely (starting at 0%). After that the process hangs.

My SP2 directory contains mainsp2ff.msp and the three ohotfix files. The entry in WPI consists of three commands. The first and third are a "%sleep% 30". The second is "%wpipath%\Install\Office2003ENUpd01\ohotfix.exe" (whitout the quotes). There are no spaces in %wpipath%.

It appears that at the end of SP2 a process runs that conflicts with WPI. I don't know if anyone can disect .MSP files to see what the potential problem is?

Running from a USB stick I haven't encounterd any problems for at least a year, probably more.

BTW, ohotfix is included in every full-download-hotfix for office, just extract with your choice of compression tool (Winzip, WinRar, whatever). Ohotfix.ini might need some tuning before it works the way you want it.

Edited by MadMarty

Hi Kel,

I experience exact the same issues as descriped in the three pages of this topic. The moment I get the error WPI has just run an admin installation of Office2007. When Office Setup gets to 'installing updates...' it goes wrong. WPI install console gets f$**$. Nevertheless when Office Installation has completed WPI continues with all other programs.

I checked the log file: no supicious entries everything is normal (0).

HJW

oooohh..very late in catching up. poor me. came here to download v6 to replace 5.5 which i use now (just because i face the error which was mentioned in the first post. That happens everytime i install Office Frontpage2003 and wanted to identify the problem through log files etc but no use).

Glad to know that that error happens with me is not my fault. Waiting for 6.1.

*EDIT: Same error occurs with Office 2007*

Just downloaded 6.1 and I did a 1-application install of Office 2003 SP2 with post SP2 hotfixes being installed with 'ohotifx.exe' and I got a runtime error. Will post a screenshot soon.

Config.js

prog[pn]=['Microsoft Office 2003 SP2'];
desc[pn]=['Microsoft Office is an office suite from Microsoft, which is available on the Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS operating systems. As well as the core office applications, the Microsoft Office brand includes associated servers and Web-based services. Recent versions of Office are now called the "Office system" rather than the "Office suite" to reflect the fact that they include servers as well.'];
uid[pn]=['MICROSOFTOFFICE2003'];
dflt[pn]=['no'];
cat[pn]=['Office'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
excl[pn]=['OFFICE2003PACK1','OFFICE2003PACK2'];
cond[pn]=['FileExists("%Root%\\Applications\\Microsoft Office 2003\\setuppro.exe")'];
cmd1[pn]=['"%Root%\\Applications\\Microsoft Office 2003\\setuppro.exe" TRANSFORMS="%Root%\\Applications\\Microsoft Office 2003\\Unattended.MST" /qb-'];
cmd2[pn]=['"%Root%\\Applications\\Microsoft Office 2003\\Updates\\hotfix.cmd"'];
picf[pn]=['../../Applications\\Microsoft Office 2003\\MicrosoftOffice2003.png'];
picw[pn]=['64'];
pich[pn]=['64'];
textl[pn]=['Left'];
pn++;

Hotfix.cmd

@ECHO OFF

ECHO Installing Office 2003 Post SP2 Updates...
ECHO Please Wait...

SET Hotfixfiles=%~dp0%

"%Hotfixfiles%ohotfix.exe"

When I click 'No' to the debug screen, the HTA closes, but the updates continue to install...

I mapped a network drive first then launched WPI from there...I will do an install from an ISO (in VMware) and see if that same thing happends...will keep you posted...

post-26786-1185548764_thumb.jpg

Edited by JuMz

I've been doing some troubleshooting and have found this:

If I remove the command from my config to install the updates:

"%Root%\\Applications\\Microsoft Office 2003\\Updates\\hotfix.cmd"'

office installs correctly. So far so good. If I re-run WPI and install the hotfixes as a SEPARATE application everything works fine!!!

It is only when I couple them into 1 Application install that it seems to give me problems....OR If I select both, Office 2003 SP2 AND Post SP2 Hotfixes within the SAME WPI instance it gives me the error....I'll post screens for what I mean in a bit here...

I am going to do more testing to see if I can narrow this down...

post-26786-1186067272_thumb.jpg

post-26786-1186068656_thumb.jpg

Edited by JuMz