WPI error with MS FrontPage 2003

I thought of that, but I personally prefer a certain sequence of installation. Can you please help me to just turn off that error message since I mostly do straight installs with no reboot in between apps?

OK I am on the run now but I will pm you later with something that should work 4 you.

Is there any chance you could send me the instructions to disable the error message as well? I am receiving "Could not open reboot configuration file: c:\rb_config.js". I am running the wpi from a cd on Windows XP Pro (though I have noticed it when run locally), I have done nothing but basic configuration to the wpi I am not calling any reboots. It happens towards the end of my Office 2003 with slipstreamed updates install. The installs will not continue untill the error window is closed.

Once that window is closed I get "A runtime error has occured would you like to debug? Line: 461 Error: Object expected. It also blanks out the install progress window for the WPI, removes the text and colapses the the pause and resume buttons untill the error is closed as well. Once you say no to debug the progress bar and application list comes back, I am not sure on the buttons.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

OK I am on the run now but I will pm you later with something that should work 4 you.

Is there any chance you could send me the instructions to disable the error message as well? I am receiving "Could not open reboot configuration file: c:\rb_config.js". I am running the wpi from a cd on Windows XP Pro (though I have noticed it when run locally), I have done nothing but basic configuration to the wpi I am not calling any reboots. It happens towards the end of my Office 2003 with slipstreamed updates install. The installs will not continue untill the error window is closed.

Once that window is closed I get "A runtime error has occured would you like to debug? Line: 461 Error: Object expected. It also blanks out the install progress window for the WPI, removes the text and colapses the the pause and resume buttons untill the error is closed as well. Once you say no to debug the progress bar and application list comes back, I am not sure on the buttons.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I have the exact same problem installing the exact same application (Same error message and line number too), Office was being installed on its own. 1 Application with 2 commands. In my config, command1 install office 2003 SP2, command 2 is a 'ohotfix.exe' which installs all post sp2 hotfixes. The error occurs at the EXACT stage where ohotfix executes. I have noticed this behavior before but what 'seems' to be occurring is that the installer 'wants to advance' to the next item before 'ohotfix.exe' complete. Perhaps a better example would be in the case of 3 appz...I notice that the marker in the installer.hta is slow in updating? (i.e. its sitting at app1 while app2 is already being launched, then shortly after the marker updates)...I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I have noticed it for a while...I don't know how exactly to describe this but I am trying...:)

If there is any specific testing you wish me to do, please let me know. I work with WPI all day in VM's testing, re-testing...so let me know if you want me to try test code...PM me for my email addy if needed...

What is ohotfix.exe? can I get it off ya?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/...1364081033.aspx

Ohotfix.exe is a software program designed to help administrators deploy update files within their organizations. OHotFix works by reading a series of deployment instructions contained in an INI file, and then using those instructions to apply an update to the computer. OHotFix can also check applications on the computer to determine which updates need to be applied, and it can order a group of update files so that an installation is optimized.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/Off...-US/offinst.EXE

Its messy but remove lines 69 through 108 from installer.js and try it again.

This did not solve the problem for me. (It actually gave me more errors...) Perhaps you could post the snippet of code that is to be removed. Thanks!

I made a quick script to push me through the error so I can use the unattended at the moment. I moved the install to an earlier point in the process and confirmed that after those errors the pause and abort buttons are blank for the rest of the installs. Any clue on what would be causing that and how to fix it at the least?

I will try removing those lines and see what I get.

Thanks

I really think that this has something to do with the way it handles reboots. I wish there was a way to disable that check, but I just didn't have time to go through all the code and find a way to disable the "reboot" feature. We don't use it here so I don't care if its there or not, but I know alot of people use the reboot feature for other types of installs. I prefer to install everything in one big load and reboot manually after I do some updates.

Same error here, but onely while installing Microsoft Expression Web.

My config looks like this:

prog[pn]=['Microsoft Expression Web v12.0.4518.1014'];

ordr[pn]=[07];

desc[pn]=['Microsoft Expression Web bevat alle tools die nodig zijn om een complete website te maken. Die uiteraard van hoge kwaliteit is en eventueel dynamisch kan zijn. Expression Web is een zogenaamde WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, wat inhoudt dat je geen kennis hoeft te hebben van bijvoorbeeld ASP, CSS, XML of HTML. Met een speciale management tool wordt geprobeerd om overzicht te houden over een website, daarmee kan worden bepaald waar websites worden opgeslagen en hoe stijlen beheerd moeten worden. De makers hebben verder XHTML en CSS strikt aangehouden om zo ervoor te zorgen dat de website in iedere browser werkt. Dankzij de de integratie van ASP wordt het verder mogelijk om dynamische websites te bouwen. Wil je na de installatie nog configureren, dan gaat dat via de map Microsoft Expression in het startmenu.'];

uid[pn]=['MICROSOFTEXPRESSIONWEB'];

dflt[pn]=['no'];

cat[pn]=['Websites bouwen'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['%ROOT%\\WPI\\Install\\Apps\\Websitesbouwen\\MicrosoftExpressionWeb\\Setup.exe /config SETTINGS.XML'];

pn++;

And my SETTINGS.XML looks like this:

<Configuration Product="WebDesigner">

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />

<PIDKEY Value="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx" />

<USERNAME Value="USER" />

<COMPANYNAME Value="Got2be-Unattended-4U" />

-->

</Configuration>