[Release] XPize Darkside 2.0 beta

zedox

I read somewhere that it's necessary to install xpize before installing the Dark version.

As you already read directly from the source, that is not true with this version. Just so you know that the person that posted that it was necessary was not full of it though, it WAS true with the Darkside 1.0 Beta releases.

Hi, i install xpize or xpizedarkside and reboot my pc, then, i can't see nothing but the background screen. Even if i wait a time or restarting my pc, sometimes, there is an error with the explorer.exe, but the main time, the explorer.exe doesn't load , so i have to open the task manager and click on "new task" so i can run the .exe file again and deinstall xpize(darkside). I have winXP home, and the .netframework 2.0 !

Does anybody know what i have to do, to get it running?

great work zedox i love the darkside cant wait for the next version. (tomorrow ,, maybe) :)

for some reason some of my shell32.dll icons do not get replaced (recycle bin, my computer, my docs) and welcome screen. even if i use the reloader

i am using xpsp2 with latest updates. nlite,and intergrate darkside using the iso option.

and for those people haveing problems with the boot screen not showing, i had the same problem on some pcs using vtp,

the only pcs that would show the new bootscreen were using amd processors ?? intel processor computers did not show the new boot screen, (this is weird no??)

i have no idea if this is anything to do with the problems with the bootscreen in the darkside but if you post if you have an intel or amd cpu then maybe the mighty zedox would know ?

keep up the amazing work man, if you need anymore beta testers then please let me know :thumbup

for some reason some of my shell32.dll icons do not get replaced (recycle bin, my computer, my docs) and welcome screen

XPize Darkside doesn't replace the recycle bin, my computer or my docs icons...

Also, the Logon Screen isn't change when using the ISO option.

the only pcs that would show the new bootscreen were using amd processors ?? intel processor computers did not show the new boot screen, (this is weird no??)

This may be more to do with multi processors... Do these intel machines have dual cores?

Anyways, I've hopefully resolved this in the next release.

thanks for you fast reply :) the intel pcs in question did not have multicore, just to let you know, but all the amd pcs were 64bit processors single core,

i really think it would be a nice idea to have darkside change the docs, computer, and recylce bin icons and even the control panel, for the complete darkside look ;)

so it would be a shell/icon pack but maybe this is toooo much work.

great work anyways mate looking forward to the next relese :)