[Release] XPize Darkside 2.0 beta

zedox

Been working very hard guys and theres some big improvements coming in the next release including support for Windows Defender!

How's everyone finding the current release? Want to quash out any problems or dodgy bitmaps :D

first, great shellpack, i love it!

and second, some time ago I was bored and played around with another wallpaper to fit it into my usual style, and this came out:

eyes4mi3.th.png

it's dark, it's green and it hints to microsofts spy-game or any other big brother wannabe. it's disturbing. what do you think?

Edited by fillip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Zedox

I have to say that I love your work.

I have always been using Luna noir or some other dark theme and dark wallpapers but your project is a step far beyond it!

Since your asked to tell if we notice something left that doesn't fit, here is a small list:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Wizards Frames are still blue

Automatic Updates "Help protect your PC" label is still blue, would look better as dark I think

Windows firewall labels from blue to dark

Nvidia nView Desktop Manager from green to dark?

Nvidia controlpanels labels from white to dark?

You have been incredibly accurate with your work and it's really hard to find anything left.

Your new icons and logon screens are really impressive.

Keep up the good work!

http://bleddyn.co.uk/forums/msfn/black7zicons.7z

7zblack.png

my 7zip icons if you want to patch %programfiles%\7-Zip\7z.dll

i've got the bat file for it somewhere (for use with reshacker)

-they look pretty slick when mixed with the yellow explorer icons, makes compressed files stand out a bit more :)

I'd like to add my vote for adding these in to the next release, and KEEPING the folder icons yellow. I never did like how REAL folders and "compressed folders" (excuse me, they are FILES, guys!) looked so much alike. I can see how this would make them stand out more.

Edit:

Just had a thought... don't know how difficult this would be, but perhaps an option (along with command-line switch) could be added to select the yellow or dark for these? Wouldn't do much good for those slipstreaming with nLite or AutoImage, though.

Edited by CLHatch