[Help] Wifi problem

thepeterp

Hello everybody!

I have an Acer 5685 laptop with Intel/Pro 3945abg wireless card. I made a basic unattended Windows xp installation. I used nLite to integrate the latest hotfixes and GuiRunOnce for some programs, I installed all others manually.

The problem is that I can't find any wireless networks when I try to see them from Windows. When I used Acer's and Intel's utilities everything works fine. I have tried many versions of the wireless driver (including the one that Acer provides from their site and the latest from Intel) without any results.

Thanks a lot for your time!

• 2 months later...

I have reported strange issues with nlite and wireless in windows xp sp2. I could never find the route cause of any of it, the closest I got was that is was related to a bug in the wireless stack in XP. Apparently nlite through its removal process triggers a bug in XP that otherwise would not show up. I have now given up and gone to 2003 where this problem does not exist. No one on this forum will help you with this problem because there is no way to track down the route cause and tie it to a bug in nlite. You need proof of the problem or be prepared to be ignored here.

curious

did you install the latest wifi driver off of the intel site ?

I run into the same problem on my sony micro pc with the latest drivers, if I install 10.5 no issues

I dunno check into it

Take care

EDIT: I wish all my Sony applications would work on server 03 :angry:

Edited by Cti

• 1 month later...

I just thought I'd give this topic a nudge as I am experiencing the same problem described in the first post. Brand new Acer Aspire 5710 with Intel/Pro 3945abg wireless, reinstalled it with an nLited XP SP2 and latest drivers off the Intel site, removed lots of things but was very careful not to mess up networking/wifi things (I've been using almost the exact same nLite setup on my desktop for the past year with no probelms). The inbuilt XP Wifi software doesn't find any wifi connections, but when I installed the Intel wifi software that came with the drives, it finds loads of connections and I can connect to our LAN fine. Very strange?!

Edited by pupil

My friend was having the same problem, i think the drivers installed but it wasnt picking up the wireless router when on the other computers it was visible. It's an Acer thats all i remember lol but bought another wireless card and it worked fine :blink: . but i don't install XP anymore, i install Vista now.

Edited by legolash2o