Oracle Adi

Breogan24

Great site you guys have here, I have learned so much through the search button already!

I needed to silently install Oracle ADI software with my unattended install, Does any1 have any resources or tips? I have searched all over the place, but with no luck,

TIA

Breogan24

• 8 months later...

Hi,

Bit late to reply, but I am at this stage my self.

If you are using a recent version you should be able to use OUI (Oracle Univeral Installer) which sucks.

It is Java based and uses a response file.

You can either use the setup.exe found in the root of the CDROM, or the one in \install\win32\.

The one in the root calls de one in \install\win32.

Then use "setup.exe -record -destinationfile <full-path-name.rsp>" to record an installation.

After that you have to edit the rsp file with simple test editor, and put stuff like the splash screen, summary screen etc to false so it won't show.

Don't put everything on false until you know the installation works.

After all this, which will take a while because OUI is crap-to-the-bone, use the following line:

"setup.exe -responsefile <full-path-name.rsp> -silent". The -silent is to ensure any annoying questions like a port is displayed, even though you handled it in the rsp file.

In my case, I have to install ADI 8something on a Oracle 9i client. This is completly impossible.

The installer b0rks on several files during installation.

So, I have install 8something client on an empty machine and install ADI.

Then I need to de-install the client and make some kind of package from it with Wise.

Sounds simple, but it's Oracle so it probably ain't gonna be easy...

Anyways, I hope you can use this information somehow.

The Oracle OUI for 9i sucks a** when using the record feature and requires some "detailing" afterwards.

First create your response file with the:

setup.exe -record -destinationFile "c:\myoracleresponse.rsp"

After you record it make sure you go through and change the

{oracle.client_9.2.0.1.0}

in to this {"oracle.client","9.2.0.1.0"}

You are going to have to comb the whole rsp file to get it working though.

The Oracle OUI for 9i sucks a** when using the record feature and requires some "detailing" afterwards.

First create your response file with the:

setup.exe -record -destinationFile "c:\myoracleresponse.rsp"

After you record it make sure you go through and change the

{oracle.client_9.2.0.1.0}

in to this {"oracle.client","9.2.0.1.0"}

You are going to have to comb the whole rsp file to get it working though.

• 5 months later...

I am packaging ADI 7.2. The rather bothersome (<- so much control) installer would just disappear when I tried to use these instructions.

It was not until I changed to the directroy at the command prompt and then ran Setup.exe with the switches from that directory that it actually started up (would startish and then go otherwise).

Great site and so happy to have found this thread as Oracle installs are yuk and there is no ADI install docs out that I can find (I searched the metalink and all).

Go msfn looks like I will become a regular!

Actually this did not create the response file. I am using ADI 7.2 which appears to be pre even the orrible universal oracle installer (it sounds better when you dont even have that).

And ADI 7.2 knowledge out there? I cant even find info on what versions exist for ADI (oracle and i are not friends).

:rolleyes: