XPlode Information Please

vegettoxp

Hello there! B)

I got few questions about XPlode. They are As shown below:

1) Is it pssible to get a Information Sheet on XPlode Which explains every <tag> used in XPlode? If not can you tell me which tags can I use?

2) When XP is installing my software, I want it to create a folder for that application (Nero for example) in the Start-Up Menu. How do I do that?

My Start-up Menu looks likes this:

ADD-Ons Software XP 2005

Adobe Software XP 2005

Applications Software XP 2005

Accessories Software XP 2005

Burning Software XP 2005

DJ Mixing Software XP 2005

And So On.........

3) How can I view my finished XML file before I put it to work and where do I put it on the XP CD?

4) What do these letter means? (-s, -p, v, and qn)

5) Last but not least can you guys tell me what do the following <tags> do?

<hidewindow>

<show total>

"position"

"Fixmain"

<windowsmode mode=">

"Standalone"

"Guitrasparent"

"Guiredraw"

<colours>

<complete>

<strings>

<item display>

<excute display>

"program"

"arguments="

<move source>

"target"

<shortcut display>

"description"

<delete source>

Sorry to ask so any questions. I just want to learn as much as I can before I start using XPlode.

Thank You Very Much! :P

P.S. Fusion :w00t:

oh man....

1. Best thing would either be.... http://xplode.voidfx.com/downloads/documentation1.00.chm or look at the XML file. Please note though I don't think the CHM is uptodate but it's a good start.

2. Not sure. Haven't used XPlode in a bit, but it might support creation of shortcuts, but it won't modify where the SETUP program for the programs you're installing will place the shortcuts. You could however MOVE the shortcuts after the install...

3. Open it in Internet Explorer or similar web browser? XML is not specific to XPlode, infact it's a normal file normat since the late 90's I believe.

4. They're switches. unattended.msfn.org . Read that and the application section.

5. Read teh CHM file then come back :P That's alot and most should be there.

New documentation is being written for XPlode 4. You can see the start of them in the "documentation wiki" section of the XPlode Website.

It's very much incomplete, but I plan to have both XPlode 4 and the documentation complete within the first week of January. If you can wait until then, you'll have proper documentation for once.

It will contain complete documentation of all tags related to XPlode.