[How To]: Nero 6.6.0.0

SiMoNsAyS

.I spent time making a whole new thread for nero7zip, but noone has really replied in it or anything, so maybe you all havent seen it...

evilvoice, where is the link? I am very interested but can't find this topic... would help if you post the link here.

Also, I agree about what you say about the 0-byte method, there is always a risk when you delete items.

I decided I don't want Soundtrax, WaveEditor, BackItUp and SmartStart (I use Nero Express), so I just removed the lines in his script so only the files related to all above are deleted... plugins and all other things I don't know about I keep (except for obvious things like WMPburning, never use Windows Mediaplayer burning, and EULA text files etc.).

Then remove the lines so only 0bytefiles for the removed items are created and your done :)

actually this is what I am going to do right now, nero 6.6.0.5 just finished downloading :)

@fugg could you verify your scipt works fine if I just use the "replace" option in Notepad to replace 'nero6601' with 'nero6605' for nero 6.6.0.5 ?

And also, now that I'm thinking, how is your method different from just installing Nero silent and afterwards use a .cmd file to delete the files/folders of the items that are unnecessary? ofcourse it saves some space on the cd/dvd... I guess thats the most important thing here.

i like durex's way very much:

copy /y NUL "<filename>"

applying the batch on 6.6.0.5 (just keeping Nero core files, Coverdesigner & Toolkit) results in a 18,3 MB Winrar SFX Installer :D

thx a lot for the inspiration!!

now there's again some space for additional drivers :)

This great method has been optimized and automated! Check this topic:

Nero Custom Installation Builder

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there..

I've found a NEW (very fast) method to create a silent STRIPPED install of Nero, no need for zero-byte files!:

Make sure you have the following files in $OEM$\$$\System32:

7za.exe

cmdow.exe

shortcut.exe (only need this one if you want this package to create shortcuts)

1. Download nero, start installer and copy the contents of RARSFX0 in your \Documents and Settings\profile\Local Settings\Temp to a new folder (Nerosilent for example).

Now, in this folder, rename SYSTEM to system32, Common Files to 'Ahead'.

Create 3 folders, and place the renamed folders as shown:

Nerosilent\Windows\System32

Nerosilent\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead,

Create a new folder 'Ahead' in Nerosilent\Program Files

Now copy ONLY the folders you want to be installed to this 'Ahead' folder:

Nero

Nero Toolkit

CoverDesigner

ImageDrive (recommended for removal if you don't need virtual cd drives)

Nero BackitUp (100% recommended for removal!)

Nero StartSmart (100% recommended for removal!)

Nero Soundtrax (100% recommended for removal!)

Nero Wave Editor (100% recommended for removal!)

Delete all other files folders (folders 'Setup', 'WMPBurn', 'Redist' and the files Setup.exe setup.cfg, VersionInfo.txt) they are not part of the Nero program and be deleted.

You can copy paste the items of your languagepack to the folders. Also you can DELETE the german and Japanese languagefiles (dunnow why but they are there)! (search for files with DEU/JPN in the name...)

Now select Windows and Program files and create a 7zip file (for example Nero.7z).

Use the following installnero.cmd and regfile for installing:

cmdow @ /HID
7za x -y -o%systemdrive% %cdrom%install\Nero\Nero.7z
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\ahead\Shared" /v "AudioPlugIn" /d "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\AudioPlugins" /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\ahead\Shared" /v "DriveLocker" /d "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\Lib\DriveLocker.dll" /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\ahead\Shared" /v "Lib" /d "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\Lib" /f
regsvr32.exe /S %cdrom%install\Nero\register.reg
EXIT

in register.reg:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;following key is for Dutch languagepack only, don't use it if you want English or modify
;if you use different language.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\General]
"RegisteredTypesNeroLanguage"="Dutch"
"Language"="NLD,ENG"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]
"Serial6"="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder]
"ShowSingleRecorderSpeed"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NeroFilterCheck"=-

OPTIONAL:

If you want shortcuts, add this to the .cmd file:

md "%UserProfile%\Menu Start\Programma's\Nero Burning Rom"
shortcut /a:c /f:"%UserProfile%\Bureaublad\Nero Express.lnk" /t:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\nero.exe" /p:"/w" /i:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\nero.exe,1"
shortcut /a:c /f:"%UserProfile%\Menu Start\Programma's\Nero Burning Rom\Nero Express.lnk" /t:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\nero.exe" /p:"/w" /i:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\nero.exe,1"
shortcut /a:c /f:"%UserProfile%\Menu Start\Programma's\Nero Burning Rom\Nero Burning Rom.lnk" /t:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\nero.exe"
shortcut /a:c /f:"%UserProfile%\Menu Start\Programma's\Nero Burning Rom\Nero CD Speed.lnk" /t:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\Nero Toolkit\cdspeed.exe"
shortcut /a:c /f:"%UserProfile%\Menu Start\Programma's\Nero Burning Rom\Nero DriveSpeed.lnk" /t:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\Nero Toolkit\drivespeed.exe"
shortcut /a:c /f:"%UserProfile%\Menu Start\Programma's\Nero Burning Rom\Nero InfoTool.lnk" /t:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\Nero Toolkit\infotool.exe"

Ofcourse, as you can see this only creates the shortcuts for Nero Express and the Nero Tools... you can easily edit to create more... I don't use this at all... have an entire modified All Users\Menu Start rar SFX containing my shortcuts :)

ENJOY!

pros: No unused unneccesary 0byte files you have to create... also no unneeded 0bytefiles/folders on the harddisk... and you decide exactly what parts of Nero you want... no script to modify...

also can be used for the 2nd pack.

takes about 5-10minutes first time (7z creation takes longer)

Credits to hp38user in the dutch forums... I translated and made it more correct :)

Please post comments... vote for this in the topicstart :thumbup

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This great method has been optimized and automated! Check this topic:

Nero Custom Installation Builder

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\General]
"RegisteredTypesNeroLanguage"="Dutch"
"Language"="NLD,ENG"

what if i dont install the language packs... do i still need this key. AND is this key for dutch cause it says "dutch". do i put English for english?