Project: Completely XPize Windows XP

XPero

Hi all! Im new here. Im Spanish so sorry for my spelling.

Well, I want to completely Xpize Windows XP because, as you know, some XP icons are still in 2000/98/ME format. I dont like this, so I started to modify some system files such as shell32.dll and zipfldr.dll in order to change some "old" icons.

If someone is interested, please modify your files and post them here.

Note: Use the final SP2 2180 files. I use Reshacker (google it to get it) Also use Axialis IconWorkshop to search easily for icons in dlls and exes.

I dont know if it is better to post uncompressed files (EXE, DLL, etc) or compressed (EX_, DL_, etc) The last ones in order to slipstream your installation.

bye bye :)

post-34-1092068766_thumb.jpg

You Spanish sure have a lot of time on your hands.

what do u mean? if it's what i think becareful with your comments dude :rolleyes:

@XPero i started a project like yours a few months ago :D

after some headaches i found GUI Replacer, it's a program that use a .dll file with resources to replace the system dlls. it's too interesting, i currently have the Gant2 icons. you can use GUI Replacer to replace your updated system files and then if you want, cab'em into an unattended cd to have a fully customized OS!

links:

GUI Replacer homepage (it appears to be down)

latest version of GUI Replacer (v1.4)

some themes for GUI Replacer i currently have the Gant 2 v2.0 -gant2ocean- i love'em :)

edit: i found the temp homepage of GUIR http://guireplacer.edot.ch/board/index.php?act=Downloads

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

Hi again Thanks a lot Simonsays :) but I already knew GUIReplacer. It is a very interesting app but i dont like its custom themes. Well crystal xp icons are wonderful but i hate this f****** linux penguin. My idea is have a customized XP with the same xp look and feel.

My own files will be posted soon, im abroad right know, sorry. I have hacked shell32.dll (icons replaced: default icon;default program and the icon near the "check disk" option) and zipfldr.dll (sp2 2180 version). The icons that i have in mind to change are those found in the IE options (they are horrible) and media player 6.4.

Yeah i know that doing this is tedious but if microsoft doesnt do that...we will do it ourselves (we will see Longhonr at this respect).

I will post my files as soon as possible.Till that moment arrives, post your ideas and your own files. Thankz

PD: Nois3 you dont know me, so dont comment about me. Peace please :D

bye bye :rolleyes:

jaja don't mess with tux! :)

if you want to start your own project i'm waiting for it :rolleyes:

anyway you could still use GUIR to develop dlls that anyone with different language and different dll versions can access it. if you really want i'll be thankful to help you in anything i can simply ask me to :D