Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. c.lee

How many will continue using XP?

Well I'll be sticking with XP and Win 7 along with the Chinese Android TV box and Opensuse running MATE, since Fedora and the other once useful Linux Distros have pretty much been ruined by the Gnome 3-using Teletubbies that escaped from the TV show these days.
  3. Today
  4. BudwS

Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

Exciting new Win 10 coming down the line, 19H1 > 19H2 > 20H1. Sort of like American politics, there is a lot of fertilizer to spread on the fields. The old Dell laptops, one 32 bit and one 64 bit, have installed the latest Insider Win 10 Pro with no problems. The old Mac Book is running the released Win 10 Pro, 32 bit, under BootCamp. Could it be that the crap is beginning to turn? Probably not when you consider the politics. But no Clean Build has been required for some time now. Still, Ccleaner pulled out about 150 trackers on this last Insider update.
  5. ruthan

Seaching for Intel 218V XP 32bit driver

Thanks, did you test it? I already tested some drivers, but their were not working.
  6. bearwindows

Here is a Windows XP/2003 x86 driver for Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I218-V (v2) PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A1 808615A1_x86.7z
  7. someguy25

What software developed by Roytam1 do you use?

New Moon 28 on my slow server and Serpent on my main fast Thinkcentre
  8. Forget my earlier instructions. All you need to do is get the XP/2003 ntoskrnl.exe (which has to be renamed), edit the sys with CFF explorer by adding the necessary imports, then you should hopefully get somewhere.
  9. Jaguarek62

Server 2008 Updates on Windows Vista

well, basically if i try to start virtual machine, my os throw bluescreen. Sometimes when i start my laptop explorer.exe crashes or it just random throws bluscreen with error like win32k something..
  10. Dave-H

Fair enough. Worth a try though if you can't get a driver that works for your onboard hardware and you need that PCI slot back!
  11. Dave-H

Beware of Office 2010 Updates!

Well KB4462223 certainly is, as it contains an XP-incompatible version of MSO.DLL. Not sure about KB4462177. According to its security bulletin, it only replaces graph.exe, a file that doesn't seem to exist on my system except in the MSOCache folder, which I think is just a store of Office update files. Maybe it's part of one of the Office components that I don't have installed?
  12. someguy25

Basicly KB4462223 and KB4462177 are broken as of today then... http://prntscr.com/nempo2
  13. ruthan

Not really, i always thought that there is some software CPU overhead for USB devices with high traffic, and that ping etc would be worse. Maybe im wrong. Driver could be problem too, but something with Realtek would be probably work from XP to Win10, in Mac OS and Linux. I even have one such adapter, but annoying is that is reported also as some USB CD drive, or something like that in the bios.. probably because these some storage with driver or something like that. Its annoying. There also USB limits, USB is 48 MB/s i need Gigabit so only USB3 and XP USB3 drivers are problematic.. I didnt tested it, but i doubt that cheap VIA USB3 controller, with USB LAN can make 90-100 MB/s network copying speed.. i can be wrong. Maybe, maybe ASM or Fresco chipsets.
  14. Tangy

Same as the gentleman above.
  15. I followed the steps of the first method to the letter but when I opened the recompiled ntoskrnl.exe and I get this, do I ignore it or what do I have to do? Did I do something wrong?
  16. Dave-H

@ruthan Have you considered using a USB LAN adapter? I don't know what the speed restrictions might be, but presumably you have a free USB port, and the adapters are fairly cheap. Might be worth considering if you can't get a driver to work.
  17. Dave-H

KB4462223 is the only update that I still have to keep hidden. I assume that the others were superseded by it.
  18. I don't have access to an installed copy of Windows 2000, but I did have the setup files. ntkrpamp.exe is ntoskrnl.exe but for a multiprocessor system with PAE. Setup renames the selected kernel for your configuration to ntoskrnl.exe when installing the OS.
  19. someguy25

So, what updates are broken on XP as of today? KB4462223, KB4462157 and KB4461614?(please correct me if im wrong)
  20. I'm going to try it now, but why do you have ntkrpamp open?
  21. Velbone

Instagram videos not working in Firefox 52 ESR?

Thanks @mixit having to use a different browser to view Instagram videos was very irritating. So irritating that when I came across this thread and it mostly solved my problem I felt compelled to sign up to convey my thanks personally. I'm a regular on a forum where many interesting Instagram videos are embedded and up until recently all was fine. Then one day the embedded videos weren't playing and neither were the same vids on Instagram. They still won't play within the forum, unlike previously, but at least I can click on the video and it opens the original Instagram location in a new tab where they play fine.
  22. Vistapocalypse

It is generally possible to remove updates via Installed Updates - however that one may have made extensive registry changes. I have avoided it. (I did install the latest update for IE9, which did not change the build number or break anything.) If you have an up-to-date backup image, this might be a good time to restore from it. Have you noticed any broken applications?
  23. dencorso

It's OK! It's sorted out, now. Take care to post in the right thread in the future, though.
  24. Jaguarek62

im sorry, i was just little upset cause i can´t use my vista laptop properly now. I hope next update will fix it.
  25. Vistapocalypse

@Jaguarek62: Those changes have already been noted in Server 2008 Updates on Windows Vista, which would be a better place to post about instability. Edit: VistaLover was a little quicker than I! Any applications broken?
  26. VistaLover

... Thanks for the heads-up; Vista SP2's build number change has been already reported: In fact, I do believe your post should've been originally submitted to that thread (Server 2008 Updates on Windows Vista), as the one here is marked "Last versions of software for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008"; please submit any follow-up to that, more appropriate, Vista thread... I'd be keen to hear from other Vista users as well about eventual OS instability as a result of installing KB4493458 (but, please, in the dedicated thread I linked to...)
  27. RED-CHAMBER

New Moon 28 here, and occasionally Serpent/Basilisk 52
  1. Load more activity