Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. MVoloshin

KernelEx for Win2000

You did not understand me. How to get MORE than 2 CPU support?
  3. Today
  4. caliber

Possible to get Skype 8 up and running on XP?

Skype Web....?
  5. if it only was one site I would accept this issue but it's not normal that multiple sites find NM28 to be an intruder
  6. that's sites problem. but feel free to stay on whatever build(s) you want since I don't force people to update (and that's the reason that I don't like auto-updates).
  7. Dibya

KernelEx for Win2000

Thanks for the info
  8. ThrottleStop 8.70.6 claims Windows 7+ compatibility, but it still works in Windows 2000 extended kernel 3.0a: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/ But it won't really work with older processors like early Core 2 Duos: then you have to go for version 4. I wonder if this can get my incoming Xeon X5670 to semi-overclock* to constant turbo because win2k doesn't support dynamic frequency scaling. *HP Z600 Workstation, so no real overclocking possible
  9. deomsh

Audio driver for Realtek HD Audio Hardware?

@Dave-H: Please try again with new version Dave-H_Hdaicout.hda.200
  10. AKA, the only one around these parts running Sandboxie on Vista . Appreciate the title though . Still with FF52 ESR, for the time being. Been playing with roytam1's Serpent and New Moon lately though. No problems with either in Sandboxie, so far. Sorry for taking so long to reply.
  11. Yesterday
  12. blackwingcat

KernelEx for Win2000

https://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXZZO42778090S9A320C1000000/ Livedoor has been acquired by NHN since 9 years ago.
  13. blackwingcat

KernelEx for Win2000

Windows 2000 has 2CPU native support . It is FAQ since Windows NT :3
  14. Goodmaneuver

How you really browse the web on 98/ME in 2019

I think it is worth investigating why you can where I and others can't. Does the progress bar start in the middle and get wider? You can see what files are loaded with Code Stuff Starter or Process Explorer. It probably has no bearing on whether it works or not though, no need to show files I just will have to uninstall and reinstall Opera and see if a fresh start works as one other member or YouTuber said. Starter needs psapi.dll replaced with KEX one. Process Explorer v10.2 Sysinternals 10.2 here Win9x/ME one at bottom of page. If Opera works then so should other browsers like CometBird9 as I was viewing with full screen. Right click video twice to bring up CometBirds context menu then play video or something like that then show full screen. It does not show context now as the videos will not play. I found Opera worked faster after installing Mozilla so caution I would have a working backup before altering anything. Perhaps going through an England server has different information passed on to Google? It used to be every time I changed a system file that was in a in the RAM load eg ImageHlp YouTube knew about it and said your browser is no longer supported. I tried a drive that was working with YouTube when backed up and was no good. Remember when Edge browser first started up it had to go through the Google server to reach YouTube? www.youtube.com did not work unless www.google.com then search for YouTube first time use then worked from then on.
  15. ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

Customizing Windows 9x themes?

Hey y'all! Where can I find a good tutorial of installing themes on Windows 95, 98, ME, and maybe 2000. On the internet, there's plenty of support for customization on Windows XP and later, but I cannot find one very easily on Windows 9x besides revolutions pack! If you can provide me sites that do so, thank you!
  16. I do get the "snow" with the "no formats supported" message sometimes, but when I try another video it usually plays. Here is an example - How much of a "major achievement" that is I don't know!
  17. I don't have them myself but when OnePiece Alb created his various update packs and addons he collected these. Thankfully he posted them on box.com for public access.
  18. MVoloshin

KernelEx for Win2000

Do I need Multi Core Limitter break patch in order to get >2 CPU support with Extended Kernel? Does provided NT Kernel include all security updates which were released for it before? Will such configuration be stable enough?
  19. Dave-H

Newest Adobe Flash and Shockwave, and Java, too!

The first time I just installed it over the previous 12.3.4.204 installation, and the installer hung. I then tried reinstalling 12.3.4.204, and it told me there was a more recent version installed! As the usual Adobe test page no longer works, it just redirects to the EOL notice, I tried a few other Shockwave test sites, none of which worked as they should, so I assumed the install was corrupt. Then I uninstalled it, and tried reinstalling 12.3.4.204 which hung again exactly as the 12.3.5.205 installer had done! I wondered if it was trying to connect to something online and not succeeding, so I uninstalled again and tried installing the latest version again with the internet connection disconnected. This time it worked, and very quickly! Whether my theory was right or not I don't know, but it seems to be installed OK now.
  20. ''We noticed a login from a device you don't usually use If this was you, you can safely disregard this email. If this wasn't you, change your password to protect your account.'' this is what happens when you try to login some sites with PM 28 I was even forced to change my email password !!! I think I won't update this browser anymore, the more updates the worse it works.
  21. Dibya

KernelEx for Win2000

Wait livedoor is japanese company?
  22. dencorso

+1. Did you remove it before retrying?
  23. Mathwiz

Strange; it installed OK for me.
  24. Dave-H

Has anyone actually got this to install? For me it just hangs on "Execute: C:\Windows\system32\Adobe\Director\SwDnld.exe /regserver" and never goes any further.
  25. Dave-H

Audio driver for Realtek HD Audio Hardware?

Big problem with the new version of HDAICOUT.HDA I'm afraid. After the boot gets to the desktop I get this - If I press "OK" it briefly tries to continue booting, but then permanently freezes. Restoring the original file makes everything return to normal.
  26. VistaLover

... Thanks ; your direct link fetches file sw_lic_full_installer.exe (12.5 MiB); same Adobe directory, but what I consider the more standard filename, Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe (14.4 MiB); probably a case of "pot-ayto/pot-uto" Happy Easter to you, den
  27. someguy25

Finally got them http://nojus.trexion.com/local/WinXP/jre-8u211-windows-i586.tar.gz http://nojus.trexion.com/local/WinXP/jre-8u212-windows-i586.tar.gz Works on XP here without any issues
  1. Load more activity