Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ah right! It's only an issue with the thread notification e-mails for me, it's just annoying to have to dismiss error messages all the time, but why does it seem to only affect the avatars? The text still appears fine, and when I dismiss the error message, the only apparent change is that the users' avatars appear instead of an empty square.
  3. XP task bar vertical?

Naaah, I would say He has more important - no offence intended - matters to deal with. In case of need, there is a small nice command line from the good guys at CTRL-ALT-DEL: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au/CAD_TSUtils.htm Search on the page for "TSTBARSET", here is the doc: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au/files/TSTbarSet.txt and direct download: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au/files/TSTbarSet.zip jaclaz
  4. Yes, since MSFN switched to HTTPS fairly recently The workaround would seem to be not to use IE (or any other XP cert management and TLS implementation dependent browser) or OE in connection with this site. Or maybe to use the proxy @heinoganda often mentions around here.
  5. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208104
  6. Ah, that would certainly explain it! Is there any way around that? It has only started happening fairly recently.
  7. XP task bar vertical?

I don't know what happened, suddenly it is at the bottom like it used to be. i have to tell the Pope.
  8. @glnz @Dave-H If you look at the IP address, msfn.org and trisomija21.org are on the same server, and since XP doesn't support SNI in TLS handshakes, you're not sent the correct msfn.org certificate when connecting, but the default trisomija21.org one. Presumably the same thing happening with Outlook Express. EDIT: It's been such a long time since I stopped using OE that I can't recall if it has an option to disable remote images by default or not. If it does, I'd recommend disabling them for better security and tracking protection, regardless of this particular certificate issue that has cropped up now that MSFN has switched to HTTPS.
  9. XP task bar vertical?

Maybe a video would help? jaclaz
  10. Today
  11. @glnz Look at the certificate you sent. it is issued to http://www.trisomija21.org/ I'm not an expert, but I'd expect a certificate issued to MSFN, when receiving mail from MSFN. Just like the website does have
  12. Root Certificates and Revoked Certificates for Windows XP

Then it is probably due to an unsupported encryption technology, send you a PN with my HTTPS proxy for a test on Windows XP.
  13. Control Panel>Internet Options>Content>Certificates The "Other People" tab should contain any certificates that you've manually approved.
  14. XP task bar vertical?

Well, I've been a jazz fan ever since the end of Ww2, when we got our radios back from the Nazis and could listen to AFN in Europe, Wilis Conover om VOA,, and German radio. I love Musicmatch because it lets me organize my library with about 5000 titles ranging from the beginning of electrical recording in 1927 to the Bebop epoch with Gillespie and Charlie Parker. And a jukebox that I can tap into whenever it gets too quiet in my home. My favourites being Bix Beiderbecke, Sidney Bechet, Duke Ellington and all the great ones. Jazz - and by implication, modern pop music is a genuinely American contribution to the world of music.
  15. Dave-H -- sorry dumb q -- how do I see my windows certificate store on my xp machine?
  16. Actually @glnz I'm still seeing a certificate error on MSFN posts! It seems to be caused by the avatars, which don't appear until I dismiss the error. As I said, the certificate seems to be fine in that it's trusted, but there appears to be a name mismatch somewhere. The error says "The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site." I'm pretty sure it's the latter.
  17. That certificate you attached looks fine to me. I have it installed on my system. I would just install it and see if the errors on MSFN posts go away. Not sure about the other problem. I don't use Outlook Express, I use Eudora, which has its own server certificate system. I assume OE uses the Windows certificates, as Eudora does for message contents. Are there any AOL-related certificates in your Windows certificate store?
  18. Impossible to install operating systems

Loosely 0x0000007b "inaccessible boot device" means that your hard disk controller is in SATA mode (in the BIOS) and your install disk has not integrated the appropriate SATA mode driver. For 7 this is very unusual (but possible) for XP it is common enough, you either slipstream the install media with the appropriate driver or you use F6 (and a floppy or floppy like device ) at install time. The alternative (maybe is wht you already did) is setting in BIOS the controller in "IDE compatibility mode" (or other setting to the same effect). jaclaz
  19. Impossible to install operating systems

Yes, install Classic Shell.
  20. Impossible to install operating systems

Double post, almost. Sorry, I am unable to do anything about it.
  21. Impossible to install operating systems

I have spent hours this morning, attempting to install either XP or Win7. What the heck is going on? I've done the same operation a thousand times over the years from Win98, Win2k , WinXP to Win 7, But now the problem is permanent and I don't know what else I can do to to install a system. As soon as the files are loaded to my disk, all I get is the BSoD, with the following stop code: STOP 0x07B (0xF78D2524-OXC0000034-0x00000000-0x00000000) I haven't checked if the code is he same each time, that was the last one so far. The machine is not connected to the Internet. The motherboard is a relatively recent issue, ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD 990FX/SB950 Chipset Support DVD Rev.611.10 UPDATE: Suddenly, I was able to istall Win7 without any problems whatsoever! A miracle has happened, will inform the Vatican;) Best of all, it did it on my new SSD. Am installing drivers now and hope to go on the air with it soon. Please tell me, is it true that there is something one can do to make the user interface of Win7 more like the interface of XP?
  22. Whoops - now I have a new problem. This is again just after I re-ran Heinoganda's Cert_Updater. (I did NOT yet install any new certificates from above.) Now my Outlook Express 6 gives me error messages when it tries to connect to my principal email account, which is in aol. (It's my old verizon.net email name that was moved into aol mail early last year - been working well for many months until now.) "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value. Do you want to continue using this server?" Never saw that before. Hit Yes, Long delay while it tries to connect. Asks me for my password over and over (with long delays in between), Oh boy. In my total ignorance, I am guessing I need to get an installable certificate from aol mail. How will I be able to do that?
  23. Who exactly do you apply at first logon?
  24. I have spent hours this morning, attempting to install either XP or Win7. What the heck is going on? I've done the same operation a thousand times over the years from Win98, Win2k , WinXP to Win 7, But now the problem is permanent and I don't know what else I can do to to install a system. As soon as the files are loaded to my disk, all I get is the BSoD, with the following stop code: STOP 0x07B (0xF78D2524-OXC0000034-0x00000000-0x00000000) I haven't checked if the code is he same each time, that was the last one so far. The machine is not connected to the Internet. The motherboard is a relatively recent issue, ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD 990FX/SB950 Chipset Support DVD Rev.611.10
  25. In my experience if you just install the certificate the errors should go away. My problem was with one where the errors didn't go away because it was a revoked certificate that thanks to @heinoganda I was able to find and install manually.
  26. XP task bar vertical?

Firstly, taskbar. If you have taskbar unlocked (second line from the bottom should NOT be ticked), you should be able to drag and drop the taskbar with your mouse, just like you can move the files on the desktop. That is the behaviour on the newly installed XP, and the only one I know. Secondly, BSOD's. Please post the error codes and, if possible, their descriptions, so we can troubleshoot what's on. And, if possible, please describe your installation workflow goes. Thirdly, why it has to be Musicmatch? Are you using some of their internet services, or play files stored locally, on your hard drive? Fourthly, You made me curious. What songs does your playlist contain? :>
  27. Gents - I'm getting the cert error messages when I click on emails from MSFN about this very thread, on my Outlook Express 6 on my old XP machine. And this is AFTER I re-ran Heinoganda's Cert_Updater. Try this link for a zip file with copies of the error messages in a Word .doc and an export of the certificate in a .cer : https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZAUpL7ZJu8WTx3V7ujHfTt5lA2Qh02syi2V (Unfortunately, I cannot upload anything here - I get error messages when I try.) Should I just "install" and forget-about-it? Thanks.
  1. Load more activity