Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Latest Version of Software Running on XP

@sdfox7 Can you list me missing API with dependency Walker?
  3. Try it man you will love it.
  4. Tihiy's tools

This link is dead
  5. What Are You Listening To?

Fleetwood Mac - Isn't It Midnight (Remastered) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd7_nntBLXI
  6. Root Certificates and Revoked Certificates for Windows XP

I once made the effort and extracted from the file "delroots.sst" from MS (April 2018) the still chronologically valid certificates. It is clear that these certificates work with outdated and insecure encryption technology (of course, revoked certificates were not taken). With the following download I offer an installer and UnInstaller, where the installer must be reinstalled after a update of the root certificates (please use only if necessary). Download: here Password: MRt&NbJf8T41y=M1x2e!rBa8c%A3W7pQ$eH!4l1hI&Z8=zK"3WZn"kx3X?72pF?B9$
  7. Yes, that would be very useful! Just to update, I downloaded MicCerTruLisPCA_2009-04-02.crl and microsoftrootcert.crl and installed them, so I'll see if that makes any difference. FWIW MicCerTruLisPCA_2009-04-02.crl says it's effective from 13th April to 13th July, and microsoftrootcert.crl says it's effective from 6th May to 5th August, so presumably those end dates are when we should be looking for the next updates.
  8. My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon for XP

Sounds good to me. Just curious, is there any reason I would want to switch to Basilisk 55? It seems beloved here, but would it not be slower than New Moon?
  9. the latest builds are already in 27.9.2 level, devs are lazy on changing numbers in main branch.
  10. Isn't there any way to transplant the (good) certificate store from the flawless XP to the one displaying the issue? Can perhaps our friend @heinoganda craft a tool for doing that? It might solve your current issue and be handy for those of us (me included) having more than one XP machine.
  11. My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon for XP

Are we getting a v29.2 release (or is it v29.3 now?) (er, sorry I meant for New Moon - not Basilisk)
  12. I'm still getting error messages periodically in my Application event log, sometimes large blocks of them - Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file. I've manually downloaded the cab file, and extracted the authroot.stl file from it. Opening it, the first thing I see is "This certificate trust list is not valid. The certificate that signed the list is not valid." If I look at the Trust List in the file, the second entry, named "NO LIABILITY ACCEPTED, (c)97 VeriSign, Inc." expired in January 2004! Another entry "ApplicationCA" expired last December, and there are a few others too which are no longer valid. Is this perhaps an old version of the file? If I look at the signature, it says that "The certificate is not valid for the requested usage", and if I view the certificate it says "This certificate does not appear to be valid for the selected purpose". Any ideas anyone? Strangely this does not seem to be happening on my other XP computer, which is not showing the error messages.
  13. My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon for XP

Mine was just an advice for your privacy. If you prefer to consider the percentages..........
  14. BS52 Misunderstanding is Google 41% CPU.
  15. StartisBack++ 2.6.3 not supporting RS5

thanks - worked perfectly
  16. BK55 update will be awesome. I ran into so many issues with BK52. Like online game crash so on.
  17. My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon for XP

Your Canvas Fingerprinting Protection is not active.
  18. Basilisk 55 is better. HTML5 Canvas Fingerprinting - size file 909 bytes: Basilisk 55 project suspended?
  19. My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon for XP

The last Basilisk build work just fine: @roytam1 TH.
  20. It is possible to install the latest version of Noscript 5.8.1.5 from the link below: https://noscript.net/getit
  21. Latest Version of Software Running on XP

Thanks for your analysis.
  22. Well, here we are, May 27, 2018... and the iTunes Store is still accessible from Windows Vista on iTunes 12.1.3.6: I wonder if Apple has simply neglected to break the Store on XP/Vista, or perhaps the iTunes Store is now only inaccessible from XP, and not Vista? I don't even have the updates for TLS 1.1/1.2 installed so that must have nothing to do with it. Can any XP users confirm/deny that the iTunes Store is no longer accessible from that OS?
  23. Yesterday
  24. Hi Steven, the claimed and named 64bit version of the Malicious software removal tool (kb890830) in the 18/05/2018 edition of the 'win7-sp1-x64.ulz' is actually the 32 bit version. It stopped the integration cold with an error message. Hope this helps someone. Regards, Gideon.
  25. Umm...there are prebuilt binaries of 86Box ready to be used, no need to compile anything: http://ci.86box.net/job/86Box/ You also need the ROMs: http://tinyurl.com/rs20180320 As for the VXD drivers, yes, you need to install them manually through Device Manager and its Update Driver button to point to the Win95 folder.
  1. Load more activity