Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. First build of basilisk/UXP for XP! Test binary: Win32 http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/basilisk52-55.0.0a1.win32-git-20180220-d77729916-xpmod.7z Win64 http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/basilisk52-55.0.0a1.win64-git-20180220-d77729916-xpmod.7z diff: http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/UXP_RestoreXP_20180221.7z source patch of ffvpx H264/HEVC/AAC/MP3 Addition: http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/moebius-ffvpx-h264-aac-hevc-mp3-addition.7z My changes: * Added H264/HEVC/AAC/MP3 support in ffvpx * The following changesets are reverted: - Update exe manifest (drop Vista support) (756b27f58) - Adjust requirements (45f2fcd80) - Part 2 (d38f86569) - Stop shipping d3dcompiler_43.dll (b6c330e1c) - Prevent installing stand-alone installers on unsupported environments. (47b8c58d4) - Update executable manifests. (b55f0e7f0) - Remove unnecessary code in /widget. (a24398e42) - Remove no longer relevant ClearType prefs. (bc9ad467f) - Make the proper Windows APIs natively available to our tree. (85edb1c71) - Remove the use of GetProcAddress() for shell32 (c76689719) - Remove dead code in the Windows battery module. (e52c019ec) - Remove redundant Vista checks in toolkit/xre (2b01522cf) - Remove redundant Vista checks in dom/ipc (039f3e49c) - Remove useless version check from PDMFactory. (3d37f6181) - Remove always-false block from WMF. (ee70e3a36) - Remove always-false #if WINVER < 0x0600 (Windows Vista) checks in widget/windows. (66248cfbc) - Remove always-false #if WINVER < 0x0600 (Windows Vista) check in toolkit/win. (8f1c9fe4f) - Remove always-false #if WINVER < 0x0601 (Windows 7) checks in nsLookAndFeel.h. (2e0f80af4) - Remove always-false #if WINVER < 0x0601 (Windows 7) checks in nsWinGesture.h. (39578317e) - Use GetTickCount64 without a GetProcAddress check in Timestamp_windows.cpp. (a14048f0a) - Remove SEH try blocks from a11y code. (616475a0c) - Use thread_local calls on Win and Mac. (ce1bd4f24) - Remove StartupSpecialSystemDirectory() workaround. (01b1e411b) - Remove Windows shell integration checks for Windows Vista. (4f82d71df) - Remove XPCOM checks for Windows Vista and clean up unused header files. (13a9ea648) - Remove some gfx/thebes checks for Windows Vista+. (f297ef798) - Remove gfx/thebes checks for Windows 7+. (38ec1c796) - Remove some obsolete front-end code in Basilisk. (da8f20a3b) - Remove Windows XP specific code in netwerk. (40d8e355c) - Remove obsolete WinXPWifiScanner class. (a1bc6f33e) - Remove DLL blocklist checks for Windows XP. (20e533f6b) - Remove more Vista checks in dom/media (f1e863a49) - Remove more Vista checks in ipc code (a930db1c9) - Remove more obsolete checks in dom/media and ipc. (5d1eb0d3a) - Clean up Firefox specific considerations from WindowsVersion.h (9ecbf3331) - Fix build bustage: keep MF_WIN7_VERSION name (8826313be) - Remove Windows XP and Windows Vista theme components and resources. (fd9d8c20d) - Remove windows-xp and windows-vista from @media(-moz-os-version) (4c697043d) Tugging war begins, and my reverted changeset will become longer and longer in foreseeable future.
  3. Latest Version of Software Running on XP

In a similar vein, the very popular LAV Filters have also dropped Windows XP support: Those filters are FFmpeg based, the removal of WinXP support most probably comes as the result of FFmpeg itself excluding by default now XP as a build target... So, the last WinXP compatible release of LAV Filters is 0.70.2 (released on Jul 5, 2017).
  4. Today
  5. Thank you @roytam1 I really appreciate your hard work.
  6. Yesterday
  7. Of course, stupid of me! I guess the .cmp extension means "compressed". D'oh!
  8. Open the file "RapportSetup-Full.cmp" with 7zip 9.20, unpack "RapportSetup-Full" and rename it in "RapportSetup-Full.msi" As far as a version number is known, the download should be possible accordingly.
  9. I don't know how you do it @heinoganda! You must be the best detective around. Thank you so much! I did manage to install the 3.5.1804.121 from the installer I'd already managed to get from the wayback machine thanks to @SD73, but unfortunately it shows the same problem! Either it's been like it for a very long time and I never noticed it (which I find hard to believe as I use the Search Companion fairly often) or there is something else in play here. I've now downloaded a RapportSetup-Full.cmp file from one of your links, but what do I actually do with it? It seems to be the right size, but it isn't the installer just with a wrong extension.
  10. Had some server maintenance and it is up again.
  11. I took the trouble to find a download link where you can choose the version (RapportSetup-Full.msi). Since only the downloaders are available via web.archive.org, follow the link to the Full Installer: After the download, open the file "RapportSetup-Full.cmp" with 7zip 9.20, unpack "RapportSetup-Full" and rename it in "RapportSetup-Full.msi".
  12. You Want to Change Your Username?

Ahhhh! There we go!
  13. You Want to Change Your Username?

Woohoo! I'll just log out now and try it
  14. Looks like your links are broken because the server is down? I've tried all the links but, I get the same error message. I'll provide you with a screenshot.
  15. ... and LP 27.8.0_RC2 for Pale/New Moon 27.8.x has been released a few hours ago...
  16. XP64 on DDR4 - Is it Doable?

To answer your question on if XP x64 can work with DDR4... YES, it can and does!! I'm running a X99 Sabertooth System with 8GB of DDR4 RAM in Dual Channel. (I will eventually get 128GB in Quad Channel when I get the money lol). Also, I've got a 6th Gen i7 with 6 Cores and 12 Threads @4,0Ghz as my CPU! & (Water-cooled). (It wasn't easy but, I succeeded in getting 99% of the drivers working. Except the Intel LAN driver; which will require a deal more work on my part and research lol. Most of my Drivers are up to 2017, yes 2017 levels! If you want to check my full system specs; it's on my profile. Or if you need proof? Let me know.
  17. I've gotten enough help here that I'm over joyed I can help someone else in some small way. I still have that version I mentioned I downloaded on my hard drive. If you have a tough time downloading for testing I can email that to you if necessary. Good luck!
  18. Thanks @SD73! I've just tried that and got the installer for 3.5.1804.121, which will certainly be good enough for testing purposes! Strangely, that came from the snapshot supposedly taken on 1st Jan 2018. When I tried the one before that, which was in the middle of last year, it gave the same version! Anyway, I will give it a try, but unfortunately it's not the full offline standalone installer, it's just a stub for use online, so it's possible that all it will do is fetch the latest version anyway, but it's worth a try!
  19. I would say that 2.141 s is 75% faster than 3.752 s, while 2.141 s represents 57% of 3.752 s. (if fast/faster go with speed, not with time taken) Anyway 82% seems off. jaclaz
  20. You Want to Change Your Username?

JodyT changed to Jody Thornton
  21. No New Threads Can Be Created. Help!!!

PS: creating new topics seems to be fine now.
  22. SPDY does it still work?

These are the same. WWW is not required but enabled as a sub-domain on most websites, but there do exist sites where it is disabled. Your entry into the site may be different. Google may link to the HTTPS version, but if you type in the address manually, your browser may default to HTTP. I can make a complaint about this site as I have tested both sides myself. HTTP: 3.752 s Done! Please try HTTPS. HTTPS: 2.141 s 82% faster than HTTP Obviously there is some error in the math as the HTTPS time is 57% faster, not 82%...
  23. POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

I think its fixed
  24. You can actually download. Try pasting http://download.trusteer.com/Gcur4Wtnu/RapportSetup.exe into the wayback search. I downloaded version 3.5.1609.76 as a test from 2016. It looks like that download link goes back to 2013, but with some searching you may find an older file.
  25. Win9x WebTV Stream

It's true, there are malwares, but still, less and very hard to get one. You cant test my software using disassabler because it's not exe encrypted. It has no malware, it's compiled on my WinMe which is very clean, i use BlackIce Defender firewall which is absolutely the best and unhackable. Sorry for not publishing any updates for this software, did'nt had much time. I will try to do a m3u list import - since all channel urls are temporary, it's way more efficient to download and read m3u lists directly. I encourage you to post crashes -> what did you do before crash, and crash message.
  26. You Want to Change Your Username?

Silly me - I PM'd him when I wasn't supposed to I'd like to change from JodyT to "Jody Thornton" without quotes. Can it be two words?
  27. No New Threads Can Be Created. Help!!!

Thanks Tripredacus!
  28. Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

Firefox has fixed the "memory leak" (but I wonder if it is not a problem with the browser, but with a site instead) by unloading memory... perhaps like it is supposed to. BUT what I end up seeing is that it doesn't unload just one tab, it will unload all of the tabs and if you change tabs you just see the spinning thing until the page re-loads.
  1. Load more activity