Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. That certificate you attached looks fine to me. I have it installed on my system. I would just install it and see if the errors on MSFN posts go away. Not sure about the other problem. I don't use Outlook Express, I use Eudora, which has its own server certificate system. I assume OE uses the Windows certificates, as Eudora does for message contents. Are there any AOL-related certificates in your Windows certificate store?
  3. Impossible to install operating systems

Loosely 0x0000007b "inaccessible boot device" means that your hard disk controller is in SATA mode (in the BIOS) and your install disk has not integrated the appropriate SATA mode driver. For 7 this is very unusual (but possible) for XP it is common enough, you either slipstream the install media with the appropriate driver or you use F6 (and a floppy or floppy like device ) at install time. The alternative (maybe is wht you already did) is setting in BIOS the controller in "IDE compatibility mode" (or other setting to the same effect). jaclaz
  4. Today
  5. Impossible to install operating systems

Yes, install Classic Shell.
  6. Impossible to install operating systems

Double post, almost. Sorry, I am unable to do anything about it.
  7. Impossible to install operating systems

I have spent hours this morning, attempting to install either XP or Win7. What the heck is going on? I've done the same operation a thousand times over the years from Win98, Win2k , WinXP to Win 7, But now the problem is permanent and I don't know what else I can do to to install a system. As soon as the files are loaded to my disk, all I get is the BSoD, with the following stop code: STOP 0x07B (0xF78D2524-OXC0000034-0x00000000-0x00000000) I haven't checked if the code is he same each time, that was the last one so far. The machine is not connected to the Internet. The motherboard is a relatively recent issue, ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD 990FX/SB950 Chipset Support DVD Rev.611.10 UPDATE: Suddenly, I was able to istall Win7 without any problems whatsoever! A miracle has happened, will inform the Vatican;) Best of all, it did it on my new SSD. Am installing drivers now and hope to go on the air with it soon. Please tell me, is it true that there is something one can do to make the user interface of Win7 more like the interface of XP?
  8. Whoops - now I have a new problem. This is again just after I re-ran Heinoganda's Cert_Updater. (I did NOT yet install any new certificates from above.) Now my Outlook Express 6 gives me error messages when it tries to connect to my principal email account, which is in aol. (It's my old verizon.net email name that was moved into aol mail early last year - been working well for many months until now.) "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value. Do you want to continue using this server?" Never saw that before. Hit Yes, Long delay while it tries to connect. Asks me for my password over and over (with long delays in between), Oh boy. In my total ignorance, I am guessing I need to get an installable certificate from aol mail. How will I be able to do that?
  9. Who exactly do you apply at first logon?
  10. I have spent hours this morning, attempting to install either XP or Win7. What the heck is going on? I've done the same operation a thousand times over the years from Win98, Win2k , WinXP to Win 7, But now the problem is permanent and I don't know what else I can do to to install a system. As soon as the files are loaded to my disk, all I get is the BSoD, with the following stop code: STOP 0x07B (0xF78D2524-OXC0000034-0x00000000-0x00000000) I haven't checked if the code is he same each time, that was the last one so far. The machine is not connected to the Internet. The motherboard is a relatively recent issue, ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD 990FX/SB950 Chipset Support DVD Rev.611.10
  11. In my experience if you just install the certificate the errors should go away. My problem was with one where the errors didn't go away because it was a revoked certificate that thanks to @heinoganda I was able to find and install manually.
  12. XP task bar vertical?

Firstly, taskbar. If you have taskbar unlocked (second line from the bottom should NOT be ticked), you should be able to drag and drop the taskbar with your mouse, just like you can move the files on the desktop. That is the behaviour on the newly installed XP, and the only one I know. Secondly, BSOD's. Please post the error codes and, if possible, their descriptions, so we can troubleshoot what's on. And, if possible, please describe your installation workflow goes. Thirdly, why it has to be Musicmatch? Are you using some of their internet services, or play files stored locally, on your hard drive? Fourthly, You made me curious. What songs does your playlist contain? :>
  13. Gents - I'm getting the cert error messages when I click on emails from MSFN about this very thread, on my Outlook Express 6 on my old XP machine. And this is AFTER I re-ran Heinoganda's Cert_Updater. Try this link for a zip file with copies of the error messages in a Word .doc and an export of the certificate in a .cer : https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZAUpL7ZJu8WTx3V7ujHfTt5lA2Qh02syi2V (Unfortunately, I cannot upload anything here - I get error messages when I try.) Should I just "install" and forget-about-it? Thanks.
  14. What Are You Listening To?

Byan Ferry - Don't Stop The Dance
  15. I would also like a PM @drakulaboy
  16. I made a video describing all creations of roytam1
  17. I've just booted into Windows 10 to have a look, and the certificate for UTN-DATACorpSGC isn't listed there at all, which is puzzling as the same e-mails that were throwing up the error message when opened in Eudora on Windows XP, are not throwing up any messages when opened with the exact same copy of Eudora running on Windows 10. That I can't explain. One other thing I noticed in Windows 10. I went through all my installed Windows XP certificates and deleted all the ones that had expired, as I saw no pint in keeping them there. I could select and remove any certificate using the "remove" button. When I tried to do the same thing in Windows 10, I only managed to remove two of them, as on nearly all of them, including other expired ones, the "remove" button was greyed out and could not be used. Any idea why that would be? Surely you should be able to remove expired certificates?!
  18. Root Certificates and Revoked Certificates for Windows XP

@ heinoganda In my pc W.10 I used the tool below to verify the certificates: https://www.trustprobe.com/fs1/dl_rcc.php?appname=RCC.exe the Equifax cert has been revoked. If you delete the certificate or move to untrusted certificates Windows just keeps downloading it to the root CA certificate store. I have seen that this certificate is also present in the PC with Windows XP. At the moment I deselected all permissions. P.S. RCC not works on W.XP.
  19. XP task bar vertical?

I have done my best to try and fix it but have not made any success. But let's put that aside for the time being, I have other more sinister problems! I try to install both of them, XP or Win7. That used to be plain sailing, but now I get the BsoD no matter how many times I try. Installation starts, but as soon as file loading to the hard drive is finished, I get the BSoD. I am confounded, I have more problems now than ever before and it seems they are persistent and insurmountable. If i didn't want (I'd rater say need) Musicmatch to handle my hot jazz (1927 - 1955 only) library and playback, I wouldn't mind using Win 7 - but since yesterday, I have exactly the same problem installing Win7. I am about to give up. I've already bought a new Win10 machine that I'll use for the Internet. I hope I'll find it useful. But my XP/MusicMatch problem remains unsolved. I never thought it would get so bad! If I haven't said it before, I am 88 and would have prayed to heaven for help if I thought that might help. installing to a good old 7200RPM disk or a brand new Intel SSD, the problems are the same.
  20. Root Certificates and Revoked Certificates for Windows XP

There are two options, the old certificate has not yet been removed, or an encryption technology is used that does not support Windows XP. Just have a look in the certificate administration under Win 10, that can contribute to the clarification. That's why I use a HTTPS Proxy where latest encryption technologies supported.
  21. Thank you, interesting stuff! I've saved that revoked certificate's installation file so I can restore it when it gets removed again. Still not sure why the certificate errors aren't appearing when Eudora is running on Windows 10. Surely the certificate isn't there either?
  22. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/google-announces-first-ever-sha1-collision-attack/ If you are curious about the scientific background
  23. Adult ad's In E, E10 &T Rated Microsoft Game Apps

Hmm. Maybe it is not game-dependent but account-dependent. I mean that if your account is marked as used by mature person, you will get mature ads. Maybe check this out on a fresh Microsoft account, that is set up as adolescent account, and see if the 17+ ads still appear. And sorry for approaching the topic sideways. Direct solution to your problem is here, and does not look promising: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_other-mso_other/how-do-i-contact-your-complaint-department/a1b1e81a-8d2b-4472-b7d0-42016211a69b
  24. Who do I complain to at Microsoft and/or Arcadium about selecting and showing advertisements inappropriate for young people during game play? All of the games in the Microsoft Window's App Store that are rated by ESRB as E, E10 & T should not show still or video ad's for games with adult themes or other products for adults. I have seen adult ad's in Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Microsoft Ultimate Word Games, Microsoft Bingo, Microsoft Treasure Hunt, Microsoft Minesweeper & Microsoft Mahjong. I do not mind the ad's, but they should not show ad's with adult content in games for children or teens.
  25. Den - thanks. Your links don't have it any more, but then I found I had installed it on my XP machine, so I copied from there to the wife's 7 machine, and it's installing now.
  26. KB2883042... office2003-KB2883042-FullFile-ENU.exe... @Bersaglio's never wrong, you ought to know that, by now...
  27. XP64 on DDR4 - Is it Doable?

Well, I'll see what I can do... It might take some time; I'm new to allot of this stuff. I ran into an ACPI error constantly when trying to do a fresh install with my custom USB stick on the x99 System but, I had my previous semi-portable install backed up. (It already had hundreds of drivers, tweaks, and updates over the years to increase; compatibility, speed, security, privacy and to be more portable.) Since I own a legal Volume License of XP x64 Edition activation was no issue. So, I decided to try booting it and it did; without any errors! I will see about getting the links or hosting the drivers myself somehow. Like I said, it will take me some time. I'll update you as soon as I can. Feel free to follow me so you can get the links as soon as I share them.
  1. Load more activity